Navigator using overflow terminal in Miami

wrh2016

I have read a couple of things today that Navigator is using an overflow tent terminal in Miami today and lines are extremely long and wait is hours in the sun outside. RC did offer to bus passengers to nearby shopping area to wait it out until The afternoon. Does anyone know if this is a "normal" terminal for the navigator? We are leaving out in Miami on Navigator in February. A little concerned if this is a normal thing. I like to think of embarkment day as "day 1!" 😊

I have read a couple of things today that Navigator is using an overflow tent terminal in Miami today and lines are extremely long and wait is hours in the sun outside. RC did offer to bus passengers to nearby shopping area to wait it out until The afternoon. Does anyone know if this is a "normal" terminal for the navigator? We are leaving out in Miami on Navigator in February. A little concerned if this is a normal thing. I like to think of embarkment day as "day 1!"

I have no basis or knowledge for saying this, but I would personally be stunned if this happened again.

We have some friends on Navi (Rich and Tammy) and they were on the previous sailing as well.  I don't beleive they experienced issues on the first sailing, only the second.  I'm at Port Everglades right now having just returned from Independence of the Seas (checkout the live blog here), but once I get back in the swing of things I'll see if Rich and Tammy know the nature of the delay.  I'd doubt you'd have a simlar expereince with your upcoming sailing, though things certainly do come up.

I read something someplace about when Celebrity is in port on embarkation day for one of it's 14 day sailings, if Navigator happens to also be embarking on an odd Sunday where the Celebrity ship is also in port Navigator gets pushed over to the tent system. 

I really wish I had a source for this so I could give credit where deserved - I think someone on one of the many Facebook groups shared this bit of info. 

I'm sure many were watching Rich's scopes that morning as was I. Ken Jarvis posted a pic of the ship by the tent after disembarkation, and the whole situation looked like a cluster waiting to happen.

I also took a look at the webcam, and there were a total of seven ships in port (Fathom Adonia, Celebrity Summit, Carnival Glory, Carnival Splendour, Carnival Vista, NCL Getaway and Navigator). This had to cause massive bottlenecks coming and going, and seems to have been unusual compared to past observances. Since Nav is getting settled into the North American itineraries after her TA, I too would be shocked if this is the norm.

I sure hope they don't have this problem on my upcoming NAV cruise (23 Dec.).  Sounds like a Charlie Foxtrot.

One of the posts I read (not sure it was here or on CC) said something about there being dedicated lines for Suite guests...but I have a suspicion that those only materialize AFTER you get through Security, and thus, would not help with the massive line outside.

Does anyone know if there is a Suites line to get through Security at MIA ?  I know there is at Port Everglades and Port Canaveral but I can't remember if there is one at MIA or not.  It's been a while since I embarked at MIA. Who knows what the process is for "THE TENT".

monorailmedic, on 28 Nov 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:snapback.png

We have some friends on Navi (Rich and Tammy) and they were on the previous sailing as well. I don't beleive they experienced issues on the first sailing, only the second. I'm at Port Everglades right now having just returned from Independence of the Seas (checkout the live blog here), but once I get back in the swing of things I'll see if Rich and Tammy know the nature of the delay. I'd doubt you'd have a simlar expereince with your upcoming sailing, though things certainly do come up.

Thanks monorailmedic. Would love to hear what that have to say about the situation as they experienced it.

Spiegeje, on 28 Nov 2016 - 1:19 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm sure many were watching Rich's scopes that morning as was I. Ken Jarvis posted a pic of the ship by the tent after disembarkation, and the whole situation looked like a cluster waiting to happen.

I also took a look at the webcam, and there were a total of seven ships in port (Fathom Adonia, Celebrity Summit, Carnival Glory, Carnival Splendour, Carnival Vista, NCL Getaway and Navigator). This had to cause massive bottlenecks coming and going, and seems to have been unusual compared to past observances. Since Nav is getting settled into the North American itineraries after her TA, I too would be shocked if this is the norm.

It did look like a cluster! Like others have said, hopefully this is not the norm. ;)

klaconqueso, on 28 Nov 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:snapback.png

I read something someplace about when Celebrity is in port on embarkation day for one of it's 14 day sailings, if Navigator happens to also be embarking on an odd Sunday where the Celebrity ship is also in port Navigator gets pushed over to the tent system. 

I really wish I had a source for this so I could give credit where deserved - I think someone on one of the many Facebook groups shared this bit of info.

My sailing in February leaves Miami on a Sunday. Hopefully Celebrity will not be there!

I just  booked Navigator for Jan...leaving on a Sunday....hoping that is not the norm either.

Has anyone been able to confirm what caused it or if this is going to be an ongoing issue for boarding Navigator?

I am defn one of those people who likes to be on first thing to enjoy the ship asap and my drink package as well of course. You have paid for that first day so might as well enjoy it to the max!