Dialysis patient

Stephdisla

You would need to contact the Special Needs department at Royal to discuss this.  It is listed on the Special Needs form, but they request you contact them.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/guest-special-needs

Call our Access Department at (866) 592-7225,  or send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com, or have your local travel agent or International Representative contact us. Our fax number is
(954) 628-9622.

Not sure about the size of the machine but I wouldn't see that as a problem. However any supplies you need to take along may require some doing if my understandings are correct. I would not however allow any employee handle the machine which means you will need to carry it on and off the ship. And for sure contact and make arrangements with RCCL first. 

On 2/10/2022 at 2:07 PM, Stephdisla said:

Hello everyone. 

I have never been on a cruise before and would love to go on one. My question is that I am on dialysis (peritoneal dialysis) where I do my own dialysis at home. Would I be able to bring my machine on the ship? 

Please let us know the outcome of your inquiry.  

• 1 year later...

Sounds like you are using CCPD. Talk to your doctor and perhaps for the duration of the cruise, you could do CAPD. I suppose you are more familiar with this than I am but essentially you manually exchange the fluid every so often rather than a machine doing the exchange overnight. Its more manipulation on your part but you don't have to lug the machine with you. Obviously if you and your doc decide CAPD is not for you, go with the machine.

1 hour ago, Ciandy said:

Do you provide hemodialysis on board? Which royal carribbean cruise has it? What do i do?

Dialysisatsea.com offers dialysis services on select sailings on Royaland Celebrity. You must book directly through their website.

Hope it all works out for you!