Receive FCC after cancelling (CWC)

cruiserccl

Unfortunately, we decided to cancel another cruise. This is the first time I will be getting FCC since we chose to book with non-refundable deposits. The PIF isn't until a couple of months, so all I would be getting in FCC is the deposits.

How long does it take to receive the FCC after cancelling?

I would like to use it to book the next cruise.

Thanks for any information and suggestions.

13 minutes ago, cruiserccl said:

Unfortunately, we decided to cancel another cruise. This is the first time I will be getting FCC since we chose to book with non-refundable deposits. The PIF isn't until a couple of months, so all I would be getting in FCC is the deposits.

How long does it take to receive the FCC after cancelling?

I would like to use it to book the next cruise.

Thanks for any information and suggestions.

I cancelled a thanksgiving week cruise way back in July  ……. Totally forgot about it ……. The FCC’s just came this past week and it took me a while to figure out what they were for since I totally forgot I cancelled a cruise after all this time.

I’d call and ask about them if you don’t get them in 2 weeks.

11 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I cancelled a thanksgiving week cruise way back in July  ……. Totally forgot about it ……. The FCC’s just came this past week and it took me a while to figure out what they were for since I totally forgot I cancelled a cruise after all this time.

I’d call and ask about them if you don’t get them in 2 weeks.

Wow, that's a long time. Did they give you a reason why it took so long? Was this through a TA?

Thank you for the advice and I will contact them after 2 wks. I hope it's not going to be months.

6 minutes ago, cruiserccl said:

Wow, that's a long time. Did they give you a reason why it took so long? Was this through a TA?

Thank you for the advice and I will contact them after 2 wks. I hope it's not going to be months.

It was a cruise I booked online thru Royal’s website ……. No explanation for why it took so long …… I can’t believe I forgot about it!

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You should be able to book a new cruise without putting any money additional down knowing you have FCC coming.

I did this twice. They put a long term hold on the cruise until the expected FCC issue date, then once you get the FCC, call them up and they apply it.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I didn't know this was possible. 

Is this long term hold through a TA or would it need to be directly through RCCL?

What type of proof would I need that I will be getting the FCC?

18 minutes ago, cruiserccl said:

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I didn't know this was possible. 

Is this long term hold through a TA or would it need to be directly through RCCL?

What type of proof would I need that I will be getting the FCC?

I did it both myself and through a TA.

You just give them the reservation number of the canceled cruise that gave you the FCC and they go from there.

27 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I cancelled a cruise in August 2021 using CWC.  I still have yet to receive the FCCs from that one!  My TA has called so many times but still nothing.

Wow. That's also a long time. I hope you receive it soon.

I wonder why the timing is all over the place. Since it expires, they have to be aware that people are waiting for them.

I'm nervous about how long mine will take.