Emed appointment to test work in Europe?

Greetings

I know so many things can change between now and my July sailing (and pray not for the worse)

I'm planning my flights home, based on current restrictions of needing to test before flying back to the US.
I have an option to fly directly home, but it's only  5 hours from disembarkation to the flight.
That  5 hours would include disembarkation,  travel 1 hour-at least ,get testing, get results  and get on the flight home.
Personally, I don't think that leaves a lot of room if there are a ton of people at the airport looking for testing (or if offered at the pier, same issue.)
The flight is offered on Royal's Air2Sea, but I don't feel they factor in the testing issues at all.

the other option is to book connecting flights, with a longer layover in Paris, can I fly to Paris from Italy without a test result?
I'm thinking if I can get tested in Venice it gives me time for my results to come through while on my very long layover in Paris....and/or I can test in Paris if needed.

So my thought goes to Emed test.  Can we connect with Emed from Europe and do testing?
I thought I saw a post somewhere on here about not being able to do that, but I did not pay attention and may have read it wrong anyway.

On a side note---,Air2Sea offers connecting flights in Paris with a 1 hour layover..... based on input from these boards and google of passport control at Paris  there is no way to make that if you need to go through passport control maybe it works for Europeans within their own area    I had accidently booked this. and called Air2 Sea to inquire about if it would be a problem.    He said  "if you miss the plane because of airline issues we will get you on another flight at our cost but if you miss a plane because of not making the flight on your part (passport control) then the cost is on you ".    I called back again later that night to ask another  question and the guy said "it shouldn't be a problem getting through and it's no big deal and you will be covered if it was a plane issue causing missing the connecting flight"  He never mentioned the "it'll cost me if it's my fault"....very disappointing that we have to know the correct questions to ask when making inquiries.  I've still not adjusted my flights, I'm thinking of my choices- which led me to this post.
Thank you for any input on the Emed test being used while in Europe.  

As far as I know, you can take your eMed tests with you and do it from the cruise ship via VOOM the day before you disembark.  That's what we are planning to do in August for our British Isles cruise.  The tests cannot be mailed to Europe but as you have them delivered to your home before you travel then as long as you have good internet, you can do your testing via the app on your phone.

Full disclosure, I have no experience with these proctored tests you've all been using over there but I really can't see why they wouldn't work, if all you need is an internet connection. I'm pretty sure I read an article by someone on TPG saying they'd used one and it was all good.

That said, who knows what will be required at the time of your cruise. It may be the case, as it was this past summer, that European governments require cruise passengers to do a pre-disembarkation test, in which case the cruise line would have to arrange it on board. Or maybe all testing requirements will have gone away by then. Lots of European governments are in the process of starting to lift testing requirements for fully vaccinated travellers. Lets keep our fingers crossed for that last scenario.

As far as your flight is concerned, there is absolutely no way that I would book a flight with just a 1 hour layover in Paris, not even a domestic connection let alone connecting to an intercontinental flight.

If there is some sort of issue using the proctored test in another country all you have to do is go get a cheap VPN service (sometimes can be found free but I don't know how much I would trust them) or set something up so that you can VPN back to a computer sitting in the US and access the service that way.  I use WindScribe for most of my stuff but I was able to get a lifetime on StackSocial for about 100 a couple years ago and others can be found there if you want to look around.

Wireguard is what I would recommend for those people setting something up for themselves.  Basically install the software on your home computer and make sure that ports are forwarded only for Wireguard in your router then connect up using a phone or something while not in the house (best over wifi from someplace like Walmart or somewhere else with free internet) and make sure it works before you leave out.  Wireguard is literally available for everything https://www.wireguard.com/install/ and once a few things are setup it is pretty easy to deal with as there is no true "client" "server" relationship with it.  For forwarding ports I suggest looking up your router on https://portforward.com/ and go through the steps.

22 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

If there is some sort of issue using the proctored test in another country all you have to do is go get a cheap VPN service (sometimes can be found free but I don't know how much I would trust them) or set something up so that you can VPN back to a computer sitting in the US and access the service that way.  I use WindScribe for most of my stuff but I was able to get a lifetime on StackSocial for about 100 a couple years ago and others can be found there if you want to look around.

Wireguard is what I would recommend for those people setting something up for themselves.  Basically install the software on your home computer and make sure that ports are forwarded only for Wireguard in your router then connect up using a phone or something while not in the house (best over wifi from someplace like Walmart or somewhere else with free internet) and make sure it works before you leave out.  Wireguard is literally available for everything https://www.wireguard.com/install/ and once a few things are setup it is pretty easy to deal with as there is no true "client" "server" relationship with it.  For forwarding ports I suggest looking up your router on https://portforward.com/ and go through the steps.

from a girl who only recently got a phone with enough storage to add apps this is a lot of info!  I will look at that though it's beyond my paygrade (which is $0)

5 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

from a girl who only recently got a phone with enough storage to add apps this is a lot of info!  I will look at that though it's beyond my paygrade (which is $0)

ROFL, well I do not mind dumbing things down quite a bit if someone needs it.  But lets just say I am a geek and have a desk crammed full of developement boards, screens, buttons, and a whole host of other geeky stuff.  Oh and I don't have cable, in fact haven't for just over 10 years now and for not much longer than that I haven't used streaming services like Netflix.  I also watch a ton of TV and Movies.  I get to do all that fun stuff because I am a Geek and have a server too, LOL.  I am also mostly self taught and dumb things down for my girlfriend and many others at times without issue.