Few questions for new cruiser

Mikidurm

Ok, I have been only on one cruise in my life and that was in 2006. I have a few questions as this experience is way different for me as an adult. I’m paying now lol. 
1. need advice on whether to purchase certain beach excursions for Bimini Bahamas and Cozumel. 
2. do we need to provide the laboratory info for our vaccine tests? 
3. how do we do the bid upgrade for rooms? I’ve tried using my info and it doesn’t allow me to do it. 
4. can we buy bottles of alcohol in ports and bring it back with us ? Or do they keep it until we get back home?

im a nervous wreck too because Belize city is on my trip (jewel

of the seas) and the cdc says it’s level 4 high risk for Covid 😞

i reached out to royal Caribbean and they never got back to me. I should call. Anyhow! Thank you all for your help. I need more advice. 

1. IDK

2. must show your original vaccination papers.  The app has a place to take a picture and upload it AND you must bring it to the pier to show at check in

3. Royal up -bid to upgrade…is typically available 30 days before your cruise.  You might not be able to bid if the bidding has closed (you don’t mention your sail date).

4. You can buy alcohol in port. It will be taken and tagged when you get back in the ship.  It will be returned to your cabin the night before you disembark.

the CDC moved every country to a level 4 November of 2020.  This was done to discourage travel.  Perhaps look at the WHO site to determine rates of infection.

Ok, I have been only on one cruise in my life and that was in 2006. I have a few questions as this experience is way different for me as an adult. I’m paying now lol. 
1. need advice on whether to purchase certain beach excursions for Bimini Bahamas and Cozumel. 

A: If you do not have children cruising along you can chose any Royal Excursion or other 3rd party excursion. Cozumel has many beach places that you can book. Bahamas is outside of my expertise.

2. do we need to provide the laboratory info for our vaccine tests? 

A: You will receive a test result of your COVID test and you need to bring that with you. You can have it either digital or printed (I prefer print and it is easier to show the attendant).

3. how do we do the bid upgrade for rooms? I’ve tried using my info and it doesn’t allow me to do it. 

A: Royalup will open 30 days prior to sailing and you should receive an email on it. If not you can search on the Royal website for Royalup and follow the directions to get to your sailing (write down your reservation number so you can enter it on the site).

4. can we buy bottles of alcohol in ports and bring it back with us ? Or do they keep it until we get back home?

A: You can buy alcohol in the port but they will collect it from you when you return to the ship and return it to you the last day before you pack your bags.

im a nervous wreck too because Belize city is on my trip (jewel

of the seas) and the cdc says it’s level 4 high risk for Covid

A: Belize as well as almost all of the Caribbean countries are Level 4. They are still accepting tourists but only a couple are restricting cruise ships (but not airlines).

i reached out to royal Caribbean and they never got back to me. I should call. Anyhow! Thank you all for your help. I need more advice. 

4 hours ago, Linda R said:

I just got Royal Up offers, and my cruise is in 2 months.  But typically it is about 30 days before, and they will send you a notice by email if available for you.

Yeah no email from them. Maybe the cruise isn’t eligible for it? Idk. I’m new to this stuff. 

I’ve been on the Jewel myself last month and the captain said we were the first to visit Bimini.  There’s not much variety in the excursions Royal offers for Bimini.  Most people on my sailing went to a private beach (Beach 360, I think). There’s a free tram from the port that takes you there.

1. Besides Royal Excursions check Resortforaday & Jaital I have used all three and recommend all three.

2. The test results should contain the name and address of where the test was given, the Emed home tests seem to be used here with frequency as well, make sure you get the ones Royal approves of.

3. within 30 days www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade You may receive an email invitation to bid as well

4. yes alcohol may be purchased they take it as others have said & give it back at the end.

5. IF you are a nervous wreck I would cancel and schedule in the future months. You will not enjoy it. These are different times, just be comfortable in what you are doing and enjoy, there will be things you can't control (packed elevators for example) & other things that may make you miserable if you are already starting out a "nervous wreck" 

My advice is to go in relaxed & comfortable in what you are doing and just being aware of your surroundings and enjoy the sailing. If you start out nervous and tense you will not enjoy your sailing, my mindset was "let it roll, I'm blessed, I'm safe, I'm comfortable and happy"  I promise you most of your fellow passengers and the crew are just wonderful, some just may not "act" the way you thought, just ignore it and enjoy, be mindful of yourself and your actions.  Please don't be nervous, I promise you will love it!

15 hours ago, Mikidurm said:

Yeah no email from them. Maybe the cruise isn’t eligible for it? Idk. I’m new to this stuff. 

Not all cruises  nor all cabin classes are eligible for Royal Up.  I have had many cruises I do not get offers on.  I do bid on any offers I get but so far have not gotten a upgrade thru Royal Up.  Someday