Best Excursion in Falmouth

TheParkers

Was in Falmouth this past Feb on the Allure. Did not do any excursions, just planned to enjoy the ship and do some shopping. Great shopping and great Magaritaville with free wifi. DO NOT venture past the gate into the city of Falmouth. Rip off street vendors, hustlers and you name it, not safe in my opinion. RCCL offers some great excursions, although pricey. Check this link out as an alternative :http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/. Just plug in your cruise line, ship and days at sea. 

We are looking at the Margaritaville Catamaran, Beach Break and Party...anyone have reviews of this?  We are debating between this and just going to Margaritaville on our own since it's right by the port.  We have kids ages 11 and 9, and not sure if the catamaran will be more of a "booze cruise" that would be inappropriate for them...

We are debating between this and just going to Margaritaville on our own since it's right by the port.  We have kids ages 11 and 9, and not sure if the catamaran will be more of a "booze cruise" that would be inappropriate for them...

Can't speak for the catamaran, but we did a day at Margartiaville with my kids (5 and 1).  It was fine, but nothing special.  Definitely free to get in and the kids enjoyed the pool (although there is no shallow end).  Food and drink are on the pricey side.  I didn't love it, I didn't hate it there.  

Next time I think we will go back to trying an all-inclusive resort like Hilton Rose Hall.

Can't speak for the catamaran, but we did a day at Margartiaville with my kids (5 and 1).  It was fine, but nothing special.  Definitely free to get in and the kids enjoyed the pool (although there is no shallow end).  Food and drink are on the pricey side.  I didn't love it, I didn't hate it there.  

Next time I think we will go back to trying an all-inclusive resort like Hilton Rose Hall.

Thanks, Matt!  We are so torn about falmouth.  Don't want to have to drive an hour to get to somewhere, but not much to do in falmouth itself... -_-

Don't want to have to drive an hour to get to somewhere, but not much to do in falmouth itself... -_-

The best stuff in Falmouth requires a 45-60 min drive.  In the years to come, I hope and suspect there will be more to do closer to Falmouth, but in the meantime, you will need to drive to do the really fun stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Falmouth is one of those stops where we picked the simplest "go to a nearby beach and chill" excursion and we never regretted it. Of what's currently available, the Red Stripe Beach looks like about what we did, but it may have been different then. It's only a 10 minute drive from the ship. In Falmouth I think you want to make sure it's a private beach. I share the sentiment that Falmouth is a little sketchy outside of the "cruising world bubble", so I'd be hesitant about setting out to find something on your own.