Choosing Stateroom

41m33

Our family of 5 is currently booked in a Family jr. suite with balcony, mid-ship on Anthem for January. We can switch to 2 adjoining balcony staterooms either forward or aft. Can anyone tell me if $500 is worth the switch? Will we be more likely to experience sea-sickness if we're aft or forward? Thanks!

500 less then yes.  The bigger ships are so well stabilized you really wont notice any motion.  Unless you are going thru a tropical storm then it does not matter what size ship you are on.  We were on Enchantment  several years ago and went thru some bad weather but motion pills had been taken and we were fine.  So make sure you have some Bonnine with  you just in case tho I doubt you will need it.

Thanks for the reply! It's actually $500 more for the adjoining staterooms. Hubby feels it's worth it for the extra space but I'm still unsure about straying away from a mid-ship location.

How old are the kiddos? My opinion is yes, absolutely worth the extra cost! Can you say extra bathroom, shower? Also if the kids are of the right age, from their perspective having your own space really pushes a great vacation over the top. And as an adult, the possibility of having the couch our lounger on the balcony to yourself for an afternoon nap!

We had this debate since we have 3 kids ( ages 9 , 4 and 2) We were going to go for the 2 separate room for the space and extra bathroom, but we ended up finding a family room available ( sleeps 6 with 2 bathrooms.) so we went with that instead since my kids are young and itll be easier to keep an eye on all of them lol