Distilled Water

Hello,

My whole family was born with a sleep disorder called sleep apnea. Simply out, our throats relax too much as we drift off to sleep causing us to choke and wake up repeatedly. The solution the problem is to sleep with a CPAP machine which is a fan connected to a mask and the mild air pressure keeps our airways open throughout the night. One issue with the machine is that it can make your mouth get as dry as the Sierra desert and they have solved the problem by adding a small water reservoir to the machine so that it blows out air with a high humidity level. It's important to use distilled water specifically because this is water that's going directly into our lungs. How would we go about requesting to bring a gallon or two of distilled water on board the cruise ship as a medical necessity?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel5390 said:

Hello,

My whole family was born with a sleep disorder called sleep apnea. Simply out, our throats relax too much as we drift off to sleep causing us to choke and wake up repeatedly. The solution the problem is to sleep with a CPAP machine which is a fan connected to a mask and the mild air pressure keeps our airways open throughout the night. One issue with the machine is that it can make your mouth get as dry as the Sierra desert and they have solved the problem by adding a small water reservoir to the machine so that it blows out air with a high humidity level. It's important to use distilled water specifically because this is water that's going directly into our lungs. How would we go about requesting to bring a gallon or two of distilled water on board the cruise ship as a medical necessity?

Thanks,

Daniel

Contact your travel agent or Royal to fill out the Special Needs form.  On the form you can indicate that you will be bringing a CPAP machine and Royal will provide a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord for use.  There is no charge for this and I also bring my CPAP along for the ride.  

You need to complete the form for EACH passenger.  I'm not sure what they do if mulitple peopl in the same cabin need the extension cord, but i'm sure it has happened.  

Stay Safe

Here's a link to the form that I have used in the past.  -- https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/guest-special-needs

• They always give me a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord.  Warning though - the extension cord they provide looks like it will power the entire ship. A 12-gauge, if I'm not mistaken, that has a mind of its own.  I was afraid of tripping over it in the dark.  Newer ships have outlets next to the bed.

I've brought my own medium duty extension cord which I've packed together with my CPAP.  It has never been confiscated.