August 15th Allure itinerary change

We just got an email informing us that our August 15th sailing out of Port Canaveral has been changed.  Like, really changed.  Only one destination is the same (Perfect Day). The reason given was due to "port availability".  This is our first cruise and we actually don't mind the changes so much, but I am worried that this is the first step before cancellation.  Or...could it be that they really hope to sail and have planned stops based on what they can realistically deliver.  Is this a normal practice outside of Covid19 times?  I know everything would be speculation at this point, but I would appreciate any insights.

It is typical for a variety of reasons. Cruise itineraries get set up typically 2 years or more in advance, so there's plenty of reasons ports can change in that time.  

However we are talking about an industry that has been dormant for over 15 months. Though it's not a total return to service, it is expected that the ports may not be able to get fully up to speed in the time they had so it made sense to switch to other ports for this particular cruise.

7 hours ago, LCinPDX said:

We just got an email informing us that our August 15th sailing out of Port Canaveral has been changed.  Like, really changed.  Only one destination is the same (Perfect Day). The reason given was due to "port availability".  This is our first cruise and we actually don't mind the changes so much, but I am worried that this is the first step before cancellation.  Or...could it be that they really hope to sail and have planned stops based on what they can realistically deliver.  Is this a normal practice outside of Covid19 times?  I know everything would be speculation at this point, but I would appreciate any insights.

Thanks for the heads up... I'm on that sailing too but did not get an email yet.  I'm not happy with that new itinerary... one of the reasons I booked on Allure was it wasn't going to Puerto Costa May, Roatan, or Cozumel since I have been to all those on a different ship and wanted something new.  Plus I was looking forward to going to Labadee for the first time.  Oh well... I'll just be happy that I'm on a cruise finally but I wouldn't mind some on-board cruise credits for my troubles. ?

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

It is typical for a variety of reasons. Cruise itineraries get set up typically 2 years or more in advance, so there's plenty of reasons ports can change in that time.  

However we are talking about an industry that has been dormant for over 15 months. Though it's not a total return to service, it is expected that the ports may not be able to get fully up to speed in the time they had so it made sense to switch to other ports for this particular cruise.

I guess I should be encouraged then, rather than thinking this is one step closer to a cancellation...

3 hours ago, Jverge said:

Thanks for the heads up... I'm on that sailing too but did not get an email yet.  I'm not happy with that new itinerary... one of the reasons I booked on Allure was it wasn't going to Puerto Costa May, Roatan, or Cozumel since I have been to all those on a different ship and wanted something new.  Plus I was looking forward to going to Labadee for the first time.  Oh well... I'll just be happy that I'm on a cruise finally but I wouldn't mind some on-board cruise credits for my troubles. ?

I can see how that would be a bit disappointing.  I am just glad that they kept Perfect Day.  I am not sad about the other changes, because I haven't been there yet...

3 hours ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

We are on the Aug 22nd sailing. Have not heard anything yet on if our destinations are changing or not. Funny part is when anyone asks my wife where we are going on our cruise, she says 'I don't know, I'm just happy to be going on a cruise.'  lol

That is a very healthy way to look at it, considering that so much has been up in the air for so long. 

3 hours ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

We are on the Aug 22nd sailing. Have not heard anything yet on if our destinations are changing or not. Funny part is when anyone asks my wife where we are going on our cruise, she says 'I don't know, I'm just happy to be going on a cruise.'  lol

Us also. DW just looked up Virgin Islands requirements to enter and EVERYONE must have a negative covid test within 5 days of visit. Well that stop is on day 5 so cutting it close. This may be one reason that itineraries are changing.  See ya on board!!