Curious cruise length shortening

EJK

I'm booked to cruise on a 9 night sailing out of Baltimore on Enchantment.  We booked this in Jan 2020 right after returning from our first RC cruise.

Original dates July 1-July 10 2021.

I have always and still do, assume this will not sail, although I would love for it to go forward.  It is 33 days out and I haven't received any notification, and "official" cancellation date is still through June 30th (one day before). 

Today, I noticed that the dates on my upcoming cruise summary are listed as July 1-July 7th, so it has been shortened by 3 nights.  

I still don't think it will sail but I thought this was very strange to see.  Still no notification about such a change if it is true.  The cruise planner still lists all 10 days and check in is not available.

Any thoughts on what is happening? Are they shortening other sailings in July > 7 nights?

5 hours ago, EJK said:

Any thoughts on what is happening? Are they shortening other sailings in July > 7 nights?

I don't follow RCL as closely as others here but the CSO, before several provisions were eased just recently in bilateral discussions between the CDC and the cruise lines, limited sailing to 7d. Right around that time, I had changes to two Celebrity cruises I booked in the first quarter of 2021. They went from 8 to 7n. I was kept fully informed of these changes by both my TA and the cruise line. Then they were cancelled.

Fine ..... I still can't flesh out whether this provision stayed in the latest guidance update on May 26th or was eliminated. As far as I can tell the original CSO released in October, 2020 restricted passenger cruises to 7d and that remains. Updates in April did not discard this restriction although it was rumored here "8-10n itineraries were back" at some point after that. I'm not sure. Maybe someone else has a solid link. I can't find one.

Anyway, you're not alone in wondering about cruises longer than 7n and I find it troubling that customers on RCL cruises within 90d, more troubling within 60 or 30d like yours still don't know what's happening. I've whined plenty about this so, done with that.

7 hours ago, EJK said:

I'm booked to cruise on a 9 night sailing out of Baltimore on Enchantment.  We booked this in Jan 2020 right after returning from our first RC cruise.

Original dates July 1-July 10 2021.

I have always and still do, assume this will not sail, although I would love for it to go forward.  It is 33 days out and I haven't received any notification, and "official" cancellation date is still through June 30th (one day before). 

Today, I noticed that the dates on my upcoming cruise summary are listed as July 1-July 7th, so it has been shortened by 3 nights.  

I still don't think it will sail but I thought this was very strange to see.  Still no notification about such a change if it is true.  The cruise planner still lists all 10 days and check in is not available.

SOunds more like RCL IT at it again... My last cruise was a 7 nighter and it showed as a 2 night right before going. Had it happen a few times.

We'll need to continue to push through these early, uncertain itineraries.    I think they're placeholders in place to enable for the restart (if all the ducks get lined up).    Continues to be a moving target as the "do able" becomes "less doable" as reality is realized.

I decided to call Royal Caribbean since today is 30 days and I still don't have any more info.  

Since I booked this cruise through Costco Travel, the RC agent told me that Costco should have contacted me back in march about my options.  I remember calling Costco Travel a few months ago and they didn't have any information then.  Since then I've just been waiting for the official RC cancellation date of 6/30 to change, otherwise I didn't think Costco would have any more info than that. 

I asked her about the shortening of the dates and she said that's a possibility, and reiterated that I should call Costco travel to learn about my options.  I'll update when I get through to Costco (so far no answer, grr).

I finally got through to a Costco travel agent, who got an RC agent on the line to find out the details with me on hold.  After all that, she told me the 9 night is still on.  Check in is still closed and she said I could get information about check in any day. 

So strange, I still think the chances are very slim but we'll see.  I would love to go on this cruise!