Land Vacation, Daily Review Key West.

CruisingKat(Kathy)

Day 1, Key West Fl, 8/2/16

Hey all

Thought I would give a little review of each of my Days here in Key West, since our Lovely Royal Caribbean Ships happen to Visit this location.

One Advantage with this Land vacation, Vs Cruise Ship. I have time to see many things over several Days, vs 1 Day from a Cruise Ship. (Still would rather be on a Cruise though) (shhh don't tell my Husband) 😮

We are staying at the Doubletree Hilton, Grand Key Resort. Hubby got a fairly good deal with Priceline.

We started out this morning to look for a good place to Grab Breakfast, since there is no Windjammer or solarium bistro here. We Drove our own Car to venture out.

First stop was a Ihop near the Hotel. We walked in and thought wow it is very hot in here. The waitress proceeded to tell us that there was no AC. We made the decsion to search elsewhere to have Breakfast, which suited my Daughter just fine, since she is a vegan, and not a lot on their menu for that lifestyle choice of diet. Our next stop was a Denny's Downtown, on Duval Street. Had a great Breakfast. Spotted one of the Key West Roosters after Breakfast. He was so very Cute!!!

Next stop the Navy Base MWR ITT office(Place to get Discounted Attraction Tickets, at a Military Rate)

We know we want to snorkle, so purchased a snorkle excursion for Thursday,(Weather looks good that day)for $30.00 a person. Next on and off trolley tickets, for $16.00 per person, good for two full Days. We will use that Wednesday & Thursday.

Next we headed to base Exchange and Commasary to get essentials while we are here in Key West(like water proof Case for my IPhone, so I can Periscope from the water. VERY IMPORANT!!! 😉 Headed back to hotel for a rest.

After a little rest at the Hotel, at about 3pm, we decided to take advantage of the Free Shuttle, the hotel offers, to go back into Town. Parking in town in very Difficult to find, and Expensive!!! Usually $4.00 a hr, to park Downtown.

Being that we are major Cat lovers, seeing the Earnest Hemmingway house, and Cats, was a must Do!!!

It was very Hot walk to get there, from the Shuttie drop off point, about .08 of a mile walk, but well worth it!!!!

Very informative. I do recommend seeing this if you come here on a Cruise.

Next we walked to the Southern most point in the Continental USA, was 'cool to see that.

It was still very hot, it was a mile walk back, to where we wanted to be, we decided to hire a Pedi Cab, bartered to take us where we wanted to go, for $25.00, which I was thankful, along with Hubby, that we did not have to walk a mile back in the Heat.

It was close to Dinner time. Having watched Michael Pooles Periscope's, and Live Blog, when he was on the Brillance of the seas, when it came to Key West, I knew Exactly where I wanted to go..... SLOPPY JOES, of Course!!!

Great live music, and I had a sloppy Joe, was very Yummy!

Next was trip to Ron Jon Surf Shop!! I am a major Fan of the Ron Jon surf Shops. I never miss a oppturnity to visit one, if there is one, where I happen to be!!!

Next Stop was Mallory Square, to see the Street performers, and catch the Sunset for a scope. The Street performers were Awesome!!! The Sunset was a bust this evening, storms were moving in. I got what I could. My husband and I both Agreed, going back each evening, until we get the Right sunset for pictures, and a Scope.

We made it back to the Shuttle pickup point in just the Nick of time, before the Rain Down pour got us. We still got wet, but not as bad, if we had to walk back in the rain.

We are back in our comfy Hotel, tomorrow most likely sleeping in, and later on Beach Trip, and going back downtown for more exploring of Key West.

I would have included some pictures in this review, but unfortunately, when I tried to attach them to post. stated they could not be uploaded, because the files were too large. 😞

I did some Periscoping today as well, and if you did not catch them live, you can watch the replays.

Periscope name, cruisingkat.

Day 2 Key West Fl 8/3/16

Today we decided to take it easy in the morning and Sleep in. We had Breakfast in the Room.

12:00 we made our Way Downstairs to catch the Hotel Shuttle into town.

Once in town, we had Trollley Tickets to go all around town, hopping off and on as we saw something we wanted to do.

We stayed on the trolley for one complete loop, to get all of the history chat about Key West.

For the second loop, we decided to get off at the Butterfly exhibit. It was very reasonably priced. $12.00 per Adult $8.00 for Childern I think. We got the Military Discount of $9.00 per Adult.

Next Stop was, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaviile. Had a great Snack, of Guac and Chips, with also Conch Fritters, while we watched and listened to Jimmy Buffet Music. I of course got a T-Shirt from the Margaritaviile Store, as well as a free Glass Margaritaviile tumbler, Shuttie Driver had coupons for various of things!!!

We hopped back on the Trolley to go to a Beach, that we saw on our first loop around. Was called Higgins Beach.

It was just ok. There was not really anything there to see, as far as snorkeling in the water, and was very Shallow.

Thankfully my Daughter and I were smart enough to have on our water Shoes we had purchased at Divers Direct. Getting into the water Was somewhat treterous, as there was many Rocks!! We only stayed there about 45 mins.

It was now about 4:30, we hopped back on the trolley to go back to Stop #1 to make our way to Mallory Square once again to try and Capture the Legendary Key West Sunsets!!! This is also my Daughter's Favorite place to go in Key West, as she loves environment, and the Street Performers!!!! We did manage to catch some colors in the Sky, but still partially blocked by the Clouds.

After the Sun went Down, we headed back to the hotel to relax, and get a good nights rest for the Next Day!!!

Matt Hochberg gave me the Link for the Key West Cruise Ship info, as far as what Cruise Ships will be in port on what Days. My very First Cruise Ship, that I ever Stepped on, will be here in Key West Tomorrow 8/4/16, Enchantment of the Seas!!!! You can bet I will be there to Periscope her Arrival!!!

Day 3 Key West Fl 8-4-16

Today I was up by 7:00am, and on the First 8:00am shuttle downtown to catch the Arrival of Enchantment of the Seas with Periscope, arriving into Key West.

First stop however, was STARBUCKS!!

After getting my Grande White Chocolate Mocha, I made my Way to Pier B. For those that watched, or will watch my Scope, I must Apologize for the shaking at the Start of the Scope, was very hard to Contain my Excitement of Seeing the Enchantment of the Seas pulling into Key West.

Thank You to Matt Hochberg for giving me Key West Cruise Ship Link, so I could Find out exactly what Ships would be in port During my Stay in Key West. I also want to thank Emmy Schaffer for helping me figure out, what time Enchantment would Arrive in port.

The Enchantment was the very First Cruise I ever took, so she Definetly holds a special place in my Heart as my Favorite Ship. Enchantment is not the Biggest or the Smallest, but has a lot to offer!!!

After Periscoping The Enchantment of the Seas for well over 30 mins, I made my way back to my Hotel, to Check on Hubby, and Daughter.

At 3:00pm We made our way back into Town for our Snorkle Excursion. Thankfully the Enchantment of the Seas was still in Port.

There is several companies that offer water Excursion activities. We chose to go with Fury Water Sports. There were several times, and packages to choose from. We picked the Rum and Reggae Sunset Snorkle. All Drinks were included, however the Rum Punch was just Ok.

I think, I caught a Great Sunset this Evening from our

Fury Snorkle Boat!!!

After our Snorkle adventure. We were on the Hunt for a great place to have a nice Steak Dinner. We ended up Finding a place called the Boat House, which was located 2 blocks from Green Street. Right near the Conch House seafood Restaurant. Our Dinner was a little Pricey, but very Good!!!

After Dinner we got back on the Shuttle to head back to the Hotel. I think this evening I felt more tired than I have any other evening. It must have showed on my face as well, when I got off the Shuttle a woman said to me "Long Day? You look Tired" lol!!!

Tomorrow morning One more attraction, then heading home!!