Room change after final payment?

Hi All!

We are sailing on Harmony in November. We have a D3 cabin on deck 14. We just made final payment last week. I was looking last night and it appears some rooms have opened up. I am concerned about noise coming from the pool deck above. So I have a 2 part question.

1. We have room 14272, which is under the teen club. What are the chances of having early morning noise from above. I have read about the noise coming from the moving of lounge chairs.

2. If I decide to change cabins, is it even possible to do so after final payment? It will not be a category change, it would be another D3. Also, if I am to change, any suggestions on what deck to move to? Looks like there are rooms on decks 8, 10 and 11.

Thanks!

Keep in mind if you change categories after final payment you're generally being priced at the current price - which may be higher than it was when you first booked.  The price could also be lower, it all depends.  If you're talking a lateral move (same category), this can usually be accomplished by talking to your TA or RCCL.  Once on board these moves are possible by visiting guest services, but made significantly less likely because by that time, there is frequently little or no space available.

While I can't speak to the noise of your location, I've only been on one cruise even where I experienced noise from above (and that ship isn't sailing any longer).  Now, maybe that's because I've been lucky, maybe it's because I go to sleep late, maybe I'm just hard of hearing.  That in mind, I still feel like I hear people concerned about noise more than I hear about people complain of noise.

Edit: Just spoke with Michael Poole, currently live blogging from the Empress of The Seas (link below) and he complained about noise from the deck chairs above his cabin.  Make a liar out of me ;-)  So as they say, your mileage may vary.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/empress-of-the-seas-live-blog

I don't want to switch categories, it will be D3 to a D3, so will I still have to pay the new price?

Generally speaking, so long as you're within the same category, there shouldn't be an adjustment to price.  That in mind, there are certainly odd things that can prove exceptions.  Reach out to your TA and report your findings back to us.  I'm betting you'll do just fine so long as space is available.

You will be fine, done this many times as other peoples cancellations and upsells occur. As posted above as long as it's the same category, we have had no problems. In fact we have changed a few times as other cabins come up.

You will be fine, done this many times as other peoples cancellations and upsells occur. As posted above as long as it's the same category, we have had no problems. In fact we have changed a few times as other cabins come up.

I think the issue here is she is past final payment. If this were prior to final payment, I agree, it is a mere formality.

As others suggested, contact your TA or RC and ask.  Nothing to lose by asking.

Thanks everyone for your input!! I was able to switch to a D3 on deck 11, no additional costs or loss of OBC!!

That's great!  Really glad it worked out.

Next time try out a good travel agent that can offer personal service and I think you'll be please with how much easier those type of changes can be.

That's great! Really glad it worked out.

Next time try out a good travel agent that can offer personal service and I think you'll be please with how much easier those type of changes can be.

Agreed! The extra $125 OBC was not worth the hassle. I used a regular TA for our 2017 sailing, and so far I am very happy with the service! You live and learn right? 😆

• 3 weeks later...