Jump to content

Canada Travel Restictions - Feb 2022 ???


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

If it doesn't open, then we are wondering if we are better doing an all inclusive instead (gotta fly anyways then).

Not me, I'm like the CDC, fixated on cruising. lol No cruise?  Not going anywhere. 

14 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Crazy US isn't opening yet.  Other pieces of the unknown have been overcome (vaccines, seems like Anthem will return to the US, etc)....It's just the border that's the hurdle now.

I know right?  When I think back to a year ago from now, I would not have placed my bet on the border being the last hurdle.  It would have been the vaccines.  I'm stalking Air Canada flights now for December.  Cannot lose this Allure sailing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 9:52 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

So it’s fine for Americans to come and mingle with Canadians and go back to the US, but vaccinated Canadians travelling to the US poses a threat?

IMO, the US government is concerned with their southern neighbour's lower % of vaccination.  If they were to open up their land borders, it would have to be both or none at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

 If they were to open up their land borders, it would have to be both or none at all.

It doesn’t have to both or none. Many countries (Canada included) are only allowing visitors from a select few countries and not from others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I'm stalking Air Canada flights now for December. 

Have you considered taking a helicopter from Windsor to Detroit?  And then a taxi service from DTW back to Windsor when you return?  

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/some-windsor-travellers-use-helicopter-to-get-across-border-to-detroit-1.5467057

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Have you considered taking a helicopter from Windsor to Detroit?  And then a taxi service from DTW back to Windsor when you return?  

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/some-windsor-travellers-use-helicopter-to-get-across-border-to-detroit-1.5467057

LOL!  Believe it or not, @Jax has even prompted me to look at charter private flights.  I cannot justify it in my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Anyone want to weigh in?

I would have a Plan B and book Air Canada.  I took a quick look and the refundable fares are not as crazy as I thought they would be….that way you will not be stuck with a travel bank you don’t want.  If you wait you risk price increases, especially at that time. Why don’t you fly to MCO and jump in with us ...we can drop you in FLL on our way to Miami!! LOL  If all goes well we will be boarding at the same time. ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jax said:

I took a quick look and the refundable fares are not as crazy as I thought they would be….

Exactly.  That is actually what got me looking and thinking harder yesterday.  It's fairly reasonable.  Well, for AC standards lol

35 minutes ago, Jax said:

Why don’t you fly to MCO and jump in with us ...

A big party for our 25th celebration?  Hubby would so impressed lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It's fairly reasonable.  Well, for AC standards lol

? Agree. Compared to what I just spent on 3 direct flights from YYC to MCO ?‍♀️

 

14 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

A big party for our 25th celebration?  Hubby would so impressed lol

Your 25th, our 30th … Lindsay can be our chauffeur. Sounds like fun to me! Lol Oh wait, space for luggage could be a problem. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not me, I'm like the CDC, fixated on cruising. lol No cruise?  Not going anywhere. 

I know right?  When I think back to a year ago from now, I would not have placed my bet on the border being the last hurdle.  It would have been the vaccines.  I'm stalking Air Canada flights now for December.  Cannot lose this Allure sailing.

I totally get that.  There really is no holiday that compares to a cruise.  And even when we book, I find myself trying to make it as cruise-like as possible.

The good news is that cruises are running so yah (the biggest obstacle in the past)...when there is a will, there is a way (to get there)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Danielle OG said:

I'm completely relying on the border opening to be able to cruise out of NJ this October. I won't fly (irrational fear), plus the cost is so much higher than driving and parking. If the border doesn't open I can't cruise ?

Fingers crossed for you.  I don't even have a prediction at this point.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 2:52 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

So it’s fine for Americans to come and mingle with Canadians and go back to the US, but vaccinated Canadians travelling to the US poses a threat?

 

 

Same here in UK.

It wouldn't surprise me US borders were still closed for my cruise in March.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was only land entry into the US that is closed to leisure travel. 
 

Is flying here not an option?

Yes, I know it can be cost prohibitive, especially if you live within easy driving distance, but unless you live in Canada or Mexico, flying is kinda the only option.

Maybe I’m mistaken  ?‍♂️

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, teddy said:

I thought it was only land entry into the US that is closed to leisure travel. 
 

Is flying here not an option?

 

Cant fly to US from UK for leisure purposes and no word when it will be allowed.

Last reports had biden office saying it may be possible to open up for EU visitors but not UK....i guess he has issues with his English cousins lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Cant fly to US from UK for leisure purposes and no word when it will be allowed.

Last reports had biden office saying it may be possible to open up for EU visitors but not UK....i guess he has issues with his English cousins lol 

That sucks. 
 

Sorry to hear this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, teddy said:

That sucks. 
 

Sorry to hear this. 

Even though its just a US territory PR comes under CDC control so same rules apply there with regards travel.

I'm booked for March out of PR so havent a clue whats going to happen! 

Have looked at other cruises but not the same cruising the Baltic in March when its cold and wet compared to the Caribbean 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ray said:

Same here in UK.

It wouldn't surprise me US borders were still closed for my cruise in March.

Starting September 9th, visitors from UK and most of the rest of the world can fly into Canada without quarantine if vaxxed.

As a fully vaxxed Canadian, I still cannot get into the UK without quarantine but Americans can.  This is such a mess.

No one wants the Canadians lol, we're so nice....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Starting September 9th, visitors from UK and most of the rest of the world can fly into Canada without quarantine if vaxxed.

As a fully vaxxed Canadian, I still cannot get into the UK without quarantine but Americans can.  This is such a mess.

No one wants the Canadians lol, we're so nice....

You got rid of Harry and Meghan! in my opinion that should give you preferential treatment over all other countries lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...