How to make reservations for suites private breakfast & suites private lunch on ships that do not have a coastal kitchen

Bakerette

I have booked an Oceanview Panoramic Suite for May 2021 & an Grand Suite for December 2021 and one of the suite benefits is Breakfast and lunch in one for the speciality restaurants since Mariner does not have a Coastal Kitchen so what I want to know is When & how do I make Breakfast and lunch reservations on Mariner?

Where did you see the list of suite benefits that includes lunch in a specialty restaurant? I never knew that was a suite benefit on ships without a CK.

I know for breakfast they open up one specialty and the menu is similar to CK breakfast but there is no complimentary lunch that I know of. The only thing close to that is  they open up one of the specialty restaurants next to the WJ and you can bring your lunch in there to eat.

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Where did you see the list of suite benefits that includes lunch in a specialty restaurant? I never knew that was a suite benefit on ships without a CK.

I found the list of suite benefits just by searching on the internet and when I found the link & clicked on it I was redirected to the FAQ page of RoyalCaribbean’s website and that’s where I read/printed a copy of the list of benefits that says what’s included with all of the suites.

Breakfast and lunch in the specialty restaurants on Mariner and Freedom class is usually a special menu will not be what you find on the Oasis class ship specialty restaurant lunch menu.  The specialty restaurant will not be serving their regular "for fee" menu during these times.  Breakfast is usually a continental spread with a made to order menu of hot items. 

If you look up the Suite welcome letters it will outline the location and hours for the breakfast/lunch in the specialty restaurant.  They will specify a specific restaurant for you to use for the "suites" dining.  Some ships have a dedicated part of the Main Dining Room that they use for this instead.

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Breakfast and lunch in the specialty restaurants on Mariner and Freedom class is usually a special menu will not be what you find on the Oasis class ship specialty restaurant lunch menu.  The specialty restaurant will not be serving their regular "for fee" menu during these times.  Breakfast is usually a continental spread with a made to order menu of hot items. 

If you look up the Suite welcome letters it will outline the location and hours for the breakfast/lunch in the specialty restaurant.  They will specify a specific restaurant for you to use for the "suites" dining.  Some ships have a dedicated part of the Main Dining Room that they use for this instead.

What do you mean by that?

4 minutes ago, Bakerette said:

What do you mean by that?

I mean if you look at were to look at a typical Chops lunch menu you will see what is offered for Chops as the specialty restaurant when it is open to regular customers.  They do not offer this same menu when the specialty restaurant is being used for the suites lunch.  The restaurant acts more like a private dining room for the suite guests and won't be open to regular guests at this time.  If the restaurant is open for lunches for regular guests, then they won't he holding the suites lunches there.

Most recently on Mariner there was no dedicated lunch restaurant for suite guests but they did do an a la carte breakfast for suite guests in Chops.  

I agree with @Lovetocruise2002and @AshleyDillo.  Unless things are changing, the only ships that offer a suites lunch venue are the Quantum and Oasis class ships and those meals are offered in the Coastal Kitchen.  To my knowledge, there are no suites lunches offered on any of the other ship classes.  All of the ships (except for Empress and Majesty, I think) do offer the suites breakfast, which is usually in Chops but can sometimes be in Giovannis.  Any lunches served in a specialty restaurant are going to be extra $$ unless it’s some kind of special event.  Of course, if you have the UDP, you would be able to eat lunch in any specialty restaurant that is open.

With your category VP, you have complimentary room service (from the room service menu) and also you get can meals delivered from the MDR at dinner time.

As @AshleyDillo said, the menu from the specialty restaurant is not what you are going to get included.  For example, you cannot go to Chops or Jamie's on Mariner and expect to have lunch there included.  That is not included with suite benefits.  Unless something has changed that I know of.  

Here is the suite concerige email from Navigator.  It's pretty much the same of all non-Oaiss/Quantum class ships. There is zero mention of lunch.  Breakfast is an a l carte menu (similar to the CK breakfast menu) in Chops.  But is is not food from the Chops menu.  They just use the location.

Dear Suite Guest,

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is ____ your Concierge onboard. I am available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation. My hours in the Concierge
Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Navigator of the Seas. For your convenience,

here is a brief summary of those services:

·        Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 9 aft.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.

·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ).
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open).
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc.
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early.
·        Arrangements for private parties.

·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions).
·        Business services such as copies, etc.
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent).
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance).

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24 hour basis with your Sea Pass Card.

We respectfully request that guests follow a smart casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times).
To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent

or guardian at all times.

Please come and see me in the Concierge Lounge or contact me by dialing 8903 from any vessel’s phone. If there is any way I can be of assistance to make your cruise vacation
more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you will have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Navigator of the Seas.

Best Regards,

On Navigator (sister to Mariner) the suite breakfast in Chops used the same menu that Empress uses for their suite breakfast in Chops.   

This menu is very close to what Coastal Kitchen uses on Oasis and Quantum class for their breakfast.

NE1907-37.jpg

I would assume Mariner will use a very similar menu for the suite full service breakfast.