FCC Refund Question

Jeremy P

So we had a cruise cancelled as a result of Covid in April, this year.  When we paid for this cruise, a portion of it was FCC from a past cruise and part of it was credit card.  After the cruise was cancelled they issued a FCC certificate for our past FCC and our credit card payment(+25%).  I'm now considering taking the refund as we're booking another cruise that is less than the FCC certificate we have and I don't think we'll use the remainder in time.  My question is, how would RCL pay out this refund?  Would the entire FCC(minus the 25% bonus) be refunded on the CC?  Or would they only refund the part I paid with the CC and give FCC for the rest?

I called RCL twice and asked this question and got two different answers.  Anyone know?

Thanks!

Hi.  I think FCC has to stay as FCC and will never be refunded.  Whatever is paid by credit card should be refunded same way.  Since you got 2 different answers when you called...perhaps call a third time and see if that answer matches one of the other 2???  FCC are also supposed to expire if not used within a certain time frame.  But as everyone knows...rules change so who really knows????  Recently they changed the rules to allow for FCC to be used as a deposit and even more recently they will now issue remaining balance FCC (if not fully used on a new booking) right away so it can be used for another cruise booking now rather than issuing AFTER the initial rebooked cruise is over!!

I hope you are able to do what you plan

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

If you pay with a FCC and then the new cruise is cancelled, the original FCC gets issued back as a FCC. Any money you paid on top of the FCC you can opt to get a new FCC or a refund.

I thought they had changed this recently where they would now combine any FCC's on a booking into 1 new one ?

I called C&A booking team this morning 11/2 to use the FCC policy change that we heard about this weekend.  The woman helping me had not heard the change and verified with her supervisor.  No go on the change so far as of Monday.  I wanted to apply my FCCs to my 2nd and 3rd future planned cruises and was told that the policy remains you can only apply FCCs to your next cruise and cannot apply FCCs left over until your 1st cruise is taken.  I'm going to assume that the booking people did not hear the same info that was put out this weekend. Oh well, those people HAVE to be overwhelmed.

Tim

1 hour ago, UkeT3 said:

I called C&A booking team this morning 11/2 to use the FCC policy change that we heard about this weekend.  The woman helping me had not heard the change and verified with her supervisor.  No go on the change so far as of Monday.  I wanted to apply my FCCs to my 2nd and 3rd future planned cruises and was told that the policy remains you can only apply FCCs to your next cruise and cannot apply FCCs left over until your 1st cruise is taken.  I'm going to assume that the booking people did not hear the same info that was put out this weekend. Oh well, those people HAVE to be overwhelmed.

Tim

Sometimes, if one agent doesn't know, another one will.  Just try again.  This is the way with Royal unfortunately.  The policy change does exists though.  @Matt blogged about it last week already.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/10/30/royal-caribbean-makes-using-future-cruise-credits-easier-rule-change

Matt, just to let you know, I tried again today (2nd time) to have my remaining FCC applied to my 2nd future cruise (my 1st future cruise I already had used some of my FCC).  Again I was told that that policy was not changed and that I needed to wait for the 1st future cruise to complete before using my FCCs to my next (2nd) future cruise.  So if you have the inside ear to someone at RCCL, can you check to see if that blog you reviewed with us, is in fact correct.  I think there must be a bunch of people who would like to do what I am trying.  Thanks and CRUISEON!  Tim

2 hours ago, UkeT3 said:

Again I was told that that policy was not changed and that I needed to wait for the 1st future cruise to complete before using my FCCs to my next (2nd) future cruise.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Here's the ammo you need:

Tell them to go to this URL, which is an official site for travel agents run by Royal Caribbean: https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/automationupdates/

Enhancements have been made to the existing FCC process where any balance remaining on an FCC no longer has to await the return of the existing cruise vacation before applying the balance to a future/new reservation. That means the same FCC can now be redeemed on 2 active bookings! Once a portion of the FCC is applied to a reservation, the remaining balance FCC will be generated and, in turn, sent to your client for use as they wish. Please note that any FCC with a pending balance from the past few months will now be run through this process, with an anticipated completion date for all by end-of-October.