Here’s the buffet experience on TUI

Jill

Here’s another installment from a passenger on TUI regarding the buffet:

Hi again!??‍♀️
One question about our recent cruise onboard TUI Cruises - Mein Schiff 6 came up quite often: Is the buffet restaurant open and how is it handled?

Therefore I made a video to show you the Health and Safety Measures:

Before entering the buffet restaurant, which is called Anckelmannsplatz onboard TUI Cruises, you have to wash your hands. Afterwards you need to sanitize your hands. You have to wear a proper mouth and nose mask. Staff is overwatching it. After you‘re finished with washing and sanitizing your hands, a crew member will show you to a table (you can request a special table - for example by the window). You will be seated at a table with silverware, which is sealed in an envelope. The crew member will ask for your stateroom number and type it in his tablet-PC. So the cruiseline knows, where you were seated and who could be a contact person in case of an outbreak of COVID-19 onboard. Tables without placed silverware on top are „closed“ - they have a sign on it. 

At the buffet counters you will find markings on the floor, which show you, how near you are allowed to stand in front of the counters. If there are other people waiting, you’ll have to wait with a social distance next to them. At the buffet counters crew members will serve your food. You just tell them what kind of dish and how much you would like to have. At each counter you‘ll receive a new plate- crew won’t put the food on the plate you‘ve already had in your hands. So you‘ll end up with many plates, if you want different kinds of food.
Drinks are served by the crew at the fountain station. You just let them know what kind of drink you‘d like and they will place the glass on a table. If you want a refill, you‘ll receive a new glass! As soon as you will sit down at your table you can take off your mask.

I personally hope that this measures will stay post COVID-19. I always avoided the Windjammer, due to many people not washing their hands and touching things. Also it will help to decrease food wasting!

I am aware that there are a few more questions, which I will happily answer tomorrow.

video here: 

41 minutes ago, Jill said:

Here’s another installment from a passenger on TUI regarding the buffet:

Hi again!??‍♀️
One question about our recent cruise onboard TUI Cruises - Mein Schiff 6 came up quite often: Is the buffet restaurant open and how is it handled?

Therefore I made a video to show you the Health and Safety Measures:

Before entering the buffet restaurant, which is called Anckelmannsplatz onboard TUI Cruises, you have to wash your hands. Afterwards you need to sanitize your hands. You have to wear a proper mouth and nose mask. Staff is overwatching it. After you‘re finished with washing and sanitizing your hands, a crew member will show you to a table (you can request a special table - for example by the window). You will be seated at a table with silverware, which is sealed in an envelope. The crew member will ask for your stateroom number and type it in his tablet-PC. So the cruiseline knows, where you were seated and who could be a contact person in case of an outbreak of COVID-19 onboard. Tables without placed silverware on top are „closed“ - they have a sign on it. 

At the buffet counters you will find markings on the floor, which show you, how near you are allowed to stand in front of the counters. If there are other people waiting, you’ll have to wait with a social distance next to them. At the buffet counters crew members will serve your food. You just tell them what kind of dish and how much you would like to have. At each counter you‘ll receive a new plate- crew won’t put the food on the plate you‘ve already had in your hands. So you‘ll end up with many plates, if you want different kinds of food.
Drinks are served by the crew at the fountain station. You just let them know what kind of drink you‘d like and they will place the glass on a table. If you want a refill, you‘ll receive a new glass! As soon as you will sit down at your table you can take off your mask.

I personally hope that this measures will stay post COVID-19. I always avoided the Windjammer, due to many people not washing their hands and touching things. Also it will help to decrease food wasting!

I am aware that there are a few more questions, which I will happily answer tomorrow.

video here: 

Some of those protocols are good for post Covid too