Let's talk luggage!

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Rimowa is the best if you are looking for hard sided luggage that will last a lifetime. We have owned a couple sets for more then a decade and the more beat up they get the better they look. Certainly more on the high end but it will be the last set you will ever buy that’s for sure. PS: don’t buy “hard sided” luggage with a perimeter nylon zipper closure because this DEFEATS the purpose of hard sided luggage. The failure will eventually be the weakest link which will most likely be the zipper system. Waste of money. Hard sided luggage is great because it’s secure but def takes some time getting used to regarding the fact that there is no flexibility in the amount of space. 

That's why I bought Delsey, lifetime warranty. Send it back, if they can't fix it a new one is on the way.  Eventually everything breaks, so with that said warranty is where its at.  Check the warranty!

5 hours ago, mworkman said:

That's why I bought Delsey, lifetime warranty. Send it back, if they can't fix it a new one is on the way.  Eventually everything breaks, so with that said warranty is where its at.  Check the warranty!

Same with Away, if anything goes wrong, they send you a new bag and you put the old bag in the box and they pay to ship it back-best money I've spent on luggage

6 hours ago, mworkman said:

I have gone out of my way to destroy the Rimowa luggage and it just doesn’t break. The engineering is top notch. I don’t need a warranty because this luggage never breaks. Great company! 

On 6/3/2020 at 2:48 PM, USCG Teacher said:

I got one in 1997 and bought a replacement in 2014.  They never ripped, snagged or failed on me.  It also serves as the IDEAL laundry bag once you're there.  Easy to spot on the carousel, too.  Lacks some mobility features of newer models. ?

4003208_2041.jpg

Got mine in 1995 and it hasn't let me down yet!

We love a good clam shell case! And honestly nowadays... is it really worth it to spend hundreds of dollars on luggage?! That ish is just gonna get tore up. Save yourself the money and get a cheap set from Ross or TJ MAX... they always seem to have luggage on sale. For added bonus, we like using all 3 sizes when we travel! This means that if you didn't spring for the suite, you can shove them all in together like Russian nesting dolls, and toss em under the bed! (just don't be too cheap and opt for luggage that has 4 wheels and preferably ones that look like the one posted above!)