Coconut Ranger Cookies on Royal Caribbean website

Royal sent out an email this past week about enjoying Royal at home, amongst other tidbits. In it, they had their Coconut Ranger Cookie recipe. I'm making these right now, and am seriously doubting the recipe. For 24 cookies it says 500 grams of unsalted butter, 500 grams of brown sugar, and 600 grams of AP flour, amongst other ingredients. This seems absolutely bonkers.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/a-very-royal-recipe-ranger-cookies/

46 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Royal sent out an email this past week about enjoying Royal at home, amongst other tidbits. In it, they had their Coconut Ranger Cookie recipe. I'm making these right now, and am seriously doubting the recipe. For 24 cookies it says 500 grams of unsalted butter, 500 grams of brown sugar, and 600 grams of AP flour, amongst other ingredients. This seems absolutely bonkers.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/a-very-royal-recipe-ranger-cookies/

24 dozen, maybe !

I don't think it's too far off. My chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for 380g flour (about 3 cups), 227 g butter (2 sticks), and 347g sugar (a little less than 2 cups split between granulated and brown sugar). It makes about 20 3" cookies. The 6 eggs seems like a lot, but I would try the recipe as it's written before making changes.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

24 dozen, maybe !

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

I don't think it's too far off. My chocolate chip cookie recipe calls for 380g flour (about 3 cups), 227 g butter (2 sticks), and 347g sugar (a little less than 2 cups split between granulated and brown sugar). It makes about 20 3" cookies. The 6 eggs seems like a lot, but I would try the recipe as it's written before making changes.

Well, I've baked a quarter, MAYBE, of the recipe so far and I've got 18 cookies at 1/4 cup/cookie. They spread a lot. VERY TASTY. They need even more coconut in my opinion. Next time, I'm going to substitute 1/2 the flour for coconut flour and substitute coconut extract for the vanilla. . . And add some chocolate chips. Everything is good with chocolate chips.

I always thought they were pretty thin on the ship. Just means I can have 4 instead of 2. ?

You can always freeze the dough for about 10 minutes before you bake them to keep them from spreading as much - just scoop the dough onto your pan and pop the whole thing in the freezer. You can also pre-scoop dough and freeze it in a zip top bag. Then you can have a few fresh baked whenever you want. 

Let the dough firm up in the fridge, or spread it out like they do on the video. Plan on just 9 cookies on a jelly roll pan. Also, they look absolutely nothing like they do on the webpage. The webpage shows them to be evenly flat and crunchy. They turned out flat and cake like on the top. Definitely not crispy looking, although the sides of the cookie were (due to the spread). It looks like a glob of butter melting on the pan. Honestly, after baking it, I still think the recipe is off, as written. Baking has been a side hustle of mine for years, baking breads for the majority of those years.