My Cruise Rewards OBC and cancellations

Okay, continuing on my recent trend that are extremely limited and scope and probably affect very few others, figured I'd throw another one out there.  The success rate so far has been 100%, and hopefully the information might help someone else out there!

So, I have some OBC credited to my upcoming cruise from my RCCL Visa through My Cruise Rewards.  Does anyone know what happens to that OBC if the cruise gets cancelled?  What about if I end cancelling through the Cruise with Confidence program (not what I'm planning to do right now, but could be a concern as time goes on)?  Could I reassign the OBC to another cruise I have booked for next year?  Would the points go back to my card?  Is it gone? ? It seems as though even the customer service folks at My Cruise Rewards aren't entirely sure, so I was wondering if anyone here had any insight.  As always, TIA! 

I had this exact situation with my 3/15 Oasis sailing. I learned that Royal will apply the OBC from the cancelled sailing to a new sailing. If you contact rewards (888-305-4626) with the cancelled reservation number and the new reservation number they will make the transfer. Additionally, they told me that this applies to any NextCruise OBC  from the cancelled cruise also.

1 hour ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I had this exact situation with my 3/15 Oasis sailing. I learned that Royal will apply the OBC from the cancelled sailing to a new sailing. If you contact rewards (888-305-4626) with the cancelled reservation number and the new reservation number they will make the transfer. Additionally, they told me that this applies to any NextCruise OBC  from the cancelled cruise also.

See?  This board is a veritable mine of highly specific and useful information. 

C8hq.gif

5 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

+1 cancelled Oasis 3/22, called and xferred to Adventure 12/28/20.