Upcoming Freedom of the Seas Questions

Going on my first cruise since the USS Eisenhower, this looks like a better ship.  Have a couple of questions, I am unable to book any entertainment, RC says we have to wait until we get onboard to do that.  Is there a desk we go to or do we book that stuff from our cabin.  Also we have 3 nights of specialty dining we received from our booking agent is there a desk we go to when we get on the ship for those reservations or how does the reservation process work onboard?  I wish we could do that before we leave but RC tells me that we have to do all of that when we get on board.

Thanks,
Eric

What is your sail date?  

Freedom has no Entertainment that needs to be booked/reserved,  but usually all of the specialty dining reservations can be done online.  You can make the dining reservations from the TV in your room or by going to any one of the 3 specialty venues (you can make all reservations from one).

Dining provided by TA can be tricky. I know when I first started with mine she would give me certificates for "1 free dinner" and buried in the fine print was "must be booked on board, must be on a port day, etc, etc."

So to redeem that we would head straight to Chops when we got on board and make a reservation.

Not sure specifically how the "free dinners" are arranged in your circumstance but might be similar.

I later learned that it is really just all OBC and now my TA just gives me the OBC instead and I don't have to pay for dinner I can just pay the grats/drinks instead.

Yeah, they are giving us vouchers and we have to go book the dining when we get onboard, just trying to get a handle on where/how I accomplish that before I get there.  My traveling companion gets anxious if she doesn't know what is going on so just trying to have the plan all ready for her!  What time are the shows usually so we can book our dining reservations around that?

Thanks again for all the help!

Either at checkin on the pier or first thing when you board, but definately in your stateroom, will be a one-sheet planner with an outline of all the entertainment and such listing times, etc for the whole week.  You can use that to determine when you want to make reservations in the 3 specialty venues.

Sabor is on deck 4 forward across from the Schooner Bar, and both Chops and Giovanni's are up on deck 11 at the entrance to the Windjammer cafe (likely your lunch stop when you board!).  You usually can go to one of the locations and make reservations for all 3, or you can visit them all if you like.

All will be well, have a great time!