Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DaiC01

Sea Class Exclusives* (not applicable for China and Hong Kong sailings)

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading to a Junior suit basically I fancy the use of Coastal Kitchen for dinner. We are due to sail out of Singapore on the 30th April and terminate at Beijing therefore does the exception stated below apply to this sailing {I know we might not end in Beijing with all thats going on}.

"Sea Class Exclusives* (not applicable for China and Hong Kong sailings)
Dinner at Coastal Kitchen
Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use On Board
Luxury Pillowtop Mattress
Luxury Bathroom Facilities by L'Occitane
And more"

Also if the use of Coastal Kitchen applies is that any time during dinner or is their an allocated time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KristiZ sailed in a Junior Suite recently - the only thing that I know is that the Spectrum is set up differently and there is no Coastal Kitchen (there's a different restaurant for Silver Class, to which I believe Junior Suites belong).

I believe she stayed in the Junior Suite on the 2nd leg of her B2B sailing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quantum when in Singapore does offer some Sea/Sky benefits but it's really hard to understand.  GS has Sky, OS gets nothing (no CK at all).  Odd.  When the ship moves to China there are no Sea/Sky benefits.  At no point does Quantum offer Star Class.

Quantum has a CK, Spectrum doesn't (silver/golden instead).  Quantum moves between China home ports and Singapore, Spectrum only has China sailings.   

When booking a Singapore based cruise it does state that JS comes with CK dinner access on Quantum.

1194527305_QNJS.jpeg.549d3617584544ace5878d1d1b0bdd09.jpeg

 

 

Grand and Royal Loft suites don't even get CK access:

Exclusive For Suites

  • Priority check-in and departure lounge
  • Concierge Club access
  • VIP seating at the pool deck and theater
  • Priority tender tickets
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, twangster said:

Quantum when in Singapore does offer some Sea/Sky benefits but it's really hard to understand.  GS has Sky, OS gets nothing (no CK at all).  Odd.  When the ship moves to China there are no Sea/Sky benefits.  At no point does Quantum offer Star Class.

Quantum has a CK, Spectrum doesn't (silver/golden instead).  Quantum moves between China home ports and Singapore, Spectrum only has China sailings.   

When booking a Singapore based cruise it does state that JS comes with CK dinner access on Quantum.

1194527305_QNJS.jpeg.549d3617584544ace5878d1d1b0bdd09.jpeg

 

 

Grand and Royal Loft suites don't even get CK access:

Exclusive For Suites

  • Priority check-in and departure lounge
  • Concierge Club access
  • VIP seating at the pool deck and theater
  • Priority tender tickets
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night

 

Thanks for the reply, never sailed RC before now I'm more confused than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I believe that for sailings out if China the system is completely different. No CK at all if I remember KristiZ’s blog. Silver and Gold dining and I don’t know if JS are part of that. Maybe JS qualifies for Silver. 

Thanks for the reply not been on RC before whats "Silver"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Thanks for the reply not been on RC before whats "Silver"

Relatively new concept for ships operating from a China home port.  Silver Suites have access to Silver level benefits including a Silver dining venue.  Golden suites have access to Golden level benefits including a Golden dining venue.  

Combination of marketing different names and benefits for what works best in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right guys one last question {I hope} will Coastal Kitchen be available out of Singapore or has the Quantum been reconfigured for the Asia area and now offers junior suit customers access to the Silver level benefits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Right guys one last question {I hope} will Coastal Kitchen be available out of Singapore or has the Quantum been reconfigured for the Asia area and now offers junior suit customers access to the Silver level benefits. 

If you look in the app for Quantum cruises this month and next, CK is listed and the menus are nearly identical to other ships in the class that have a CK. 

If you look at Spectrum you can see the silver and golden menus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks all, I think I got it. Just not sure if its worth it if we're not guarantied entree fro dinner!! decisions decisions, the MDR usually does for me but we've been allocated 5:30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @[email protected]! I have cruised quite a bit in Asia in the past few years. You're right to be confused about the offerings -- things change all the time here as Royal adapts to the growing market here. So you're looking at Quantum sailings from Singapore, correct? If so, yes, the ship is currently configured with Coastal Kitchen and sailing in a Junior Suite will get you the ability to make dinner reservations there. It would be handled like My Time Dining in the MDR -- you can book by stopping in at the restaurant or via the app for each night. Depending on the demographic of people in the suite, CK will actually be pretty empty and you won't have trouble getting in.

The JS cabins are beautiful and prices tend to be cheaper in this region than elsewhere so it is a good time to try them out.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KristiZ said:

Hi @[email protected]! I have cruised quite a bit in Asia in the past few years. You're right to be confused about the offerings -- things change all the time here as Royal adapts to the growing market here. So you're looking at Quantum sailings from Singapore, correct? If so, yes, the ship is currently configured with Coastal Kitchen and sailing in a Junior Suite will get you the ability to make dinner reservations there. It would be handled like My Time Dining in the MDR -- you can book by stopping in at the restaurant or via the app for each night. Depending on the demographic of people in the suite, CK will actually be pretty empty and you won't have trouble getting in.

The JS cabins are beautiful and prices tend to be cheaper in this region than elsewhere so it is a good time to try them out.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can!

Excellent news, many thanks. Just hoping the 30th April trip goes ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...