Reimbursement

After the delayed departure of Anthem of the seas and being told we would get reimbursed for our food while we were waiting the 3 days to board. We have now had an email saying they will not cover any food expenses. We were told at the port of Bayonne to keep all your food receipts and submit them for reimbursement. And basically they are saying we are liars and that they never said they would reimburse food. Shame on you Royal Caribbean honour what you said in front of 400 people. There will be a lot of complaints. 

I recalled that the wording was "hotel expenses and food up to $200." IT is possible that with the hotel alone, you exceeded the amount for reimbursement. Or that the food in question was not covered. I am not saying you, but some people could have taken advantage and went places that would not be covered.

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

I recalled that the wording was "hotel expenses and food up to $200." IT is possible that with the hotel alone, you exceeded the amount for reimbursement. Or that the food in question was not covered. I am not saying you, but some people could have taken advantage and went places that would not be covered.

Royal sorted out the hotel and taxi so don’t know what they paid 

Royal was doing 50% back on cruise fare, plus 50% in the future and then up to $200 each night in hotel and food. I am sure there were people who spent $300 a night on accommodations, maybe $200+ on food and transportation. RCC would not be on the hook for $500 a night, they came up with an appropriate number somewhere in between.

We are on this cruise right now and frankly, I never saw anything from Royal that suggested that they would pay for food.  Hotel, yes...but nothing else.  Most of our food expenses are reflected in the hotel bill and we will submit all of it but I fully expect to be reimbursed for hotel only. I thought about making a claim against our travel insurance for anything not covered by Royal but it’s not really worth the hassle.  We’re only talking about a pittance. Just not worth it, IMO.  Frankly, they have been so generous with the cruise fare refund(s) that I don’t plan on making ANY waves about a few bucks worth of food.