Roatan Tender?

SteveinSC

One of the main reasons we booked the cruise we chose, was the stop in Roatan (my wife is from Honduras, and we wanted our sons to stop here, as our youngest hasnt had the opportunity to visit his mother's home country). Upon further inspection, I have realized we are tendering in Roatan, in April. Completely missed by me, upon planning this. Ive been to Roatan via cruise once. We docked, and I never saw a ship anchored. It never occured to me to think about possibly tendering (kicking myself for miss this detail.)  My question is, how often is Roatan skipped due to this? Im not going to be so dramatic as to say it will ruin the cruise, but it would be a HUGE disappointment for my family. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MISSING ROATAN? Only research I could come up with is that Carnival misses it a fair amount due to the difficulty with wind, and backing into dock at Mahogany Bay.   

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Surprised you are tendering in Roatan. I've always docked there.

ME TOO, Matt! I came across it after seeing someone else say they were tendering in Roatan.  I looked at our Itinerary in "Find A Cruise", then "View Itinerary Details", and "Explore This Itinerary". I couldnt locate it anywhere else, on RCs site in my booking, or other sites. 

image.thumb.png.ef809dfcaa2e05dc94aaaa569c75f7fc.png

what Ive learned is that if there are multiple lines using the port, Royal typically docks and Norwegian anchors (per the Roatan tourism bureau website). According to Cruise Mapper, Rhapsody is the only RC ship in port that day, with one Norwegian and two Carnival. I assume one Carnival ship is using the Mahogany Bay port, and the other is getting the 2nd Dock in Port Roatan?

image.thumb.png.81240f7da789efeb289d30e20ab56b9a.png

Who knows.....just fearful, having had bad experiences missing places due to rough seas and danger tendering, that we will miss Roatan.  Id just have to find solace in a bottle of rum.   

image.png