Caribbean 2017-2018 Sailings opening tomorrow for C&A

Heh, I went and booked my 2018 cruise last night. Snagged a new port by accident, I was looking at the GC/Jamaica itinerary and clicked on a different booking cause it was slightly cheaper. Costa Maya, will make my bf happy, he whines about the same old ports. But it means almost the same itinerary 2 years in a row, Coz/Roatan/Belize next year Coz/Costa Maya/Roatan year after.

The funny thing is I just booked my 2017 cruise a little over a week ago. The 2 cabins I reserved are next door to each other. Junior suites, will get my bf to diamond status after the 2018 cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed a post on CC from a passenger who is currently on Navigator and he was told by the RCCL representative at the next cruise desk that they will be releasing the new caribbean deployments on Thursday the 14th.

Thanks for the info!

So sleuthed out the itineraries I was waiting for and not impressed.

Looking to book Thanksgiving 2017 ... discarded the O class ships already as being overly priced for bad itineraries. Q class not considered and flying to Galveston is out for Liberty.

So the last three options are ...

Freedom ... 6 night out of Lauderdale to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel

Indy .... 5 night out of Lauderdale to Costa Maya and Cozumel (Returning to Lauderdale on Thanksgiving day)

Navigator ... 5 night out of Miami to Costa Maya and Cozumel

Looks like it will be Freedom assuming the pricing isn't insane when it gets released later this week ...

So, I went from Extremely excited to nervous and expecting to be disappointed. This morning I booked (with our TA at 10:30am) Navigator April 13, 2018 9nt out of miami. The price was rediculously low. We usually book Junior suites, but I got  a grand suite $3600 + tax (9 night, wow). I went back to look at it when I got home from work and that sailing is no longer listed. Just emailed my TA but I'm guessing I will have to wait until tomorrow for an answer?? 

Generally disappointed, I really have two cruise windows, Springbreak and Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving 2017 is a steaming pile of you know what and Springbreak 2018 the only thing I see that is interesting is one of the 9 nt Navigator cruises that "may" end up falling over springbreak.

Put down a deposit on Freedom for Thanksgiving last night just to catch the free grats promo (had to fight about that for an hour because IT "forgot" to load the promo onto that cruise), probably throw a deposit on the Navigator just as a speculative to see if it ends up working but even after being slightly disappointed with NCL Escape, giving strong consideration to throwing a deposit on Getaway for Thanksgiving as well and may have to consider Carnival as well.

Wish RCI would wow me and take my money but it is getting harder for me to find cruises to book with them not easier .... and I finally made Diamond as well and really really want to enjoy it !!

jticarruther,

I agree with you, I didn't see anything new and different. I have 12 cruises booked as of right now, spread over three cruise lines. I just won't sail Carnival, mainly because of the huge deposit they want on every cruise. I did a booking on a 7 day Key West/Bahama cruise with them. For a solo cruiser, like me, it was only about $1000 with insurance and grats added in but they wanted a $500 deposit. Are you kidding, no way. I don't like the multiple ways of booking their cruises, you can lose your deposit or at least $50 of it. Just have one price, I don't like that. I just won't give them my money. I wish Celebrity would open up the rest of 2017 and part of 2018, they always have some unusual cruises. I am doing a Princess in 2018 and it spends three days in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, only one of its kind and it is selling out fast.

Royal needs to WOW Again!

WAAAYTOOO,

It is Celebrity 10 day Mardi Gras/Caribbean Cruise from February 9 - 19, 2018. Just don't faint with the sticker shock. I didn't care because it is so unusual that I wanted to go and it gives me more than 18 months to pay it off.  I was booked on a Princess 14 Caribbean Connoisseur cruise and had to cancel due to surgery. This is another one of a kind cruise and went to places I have never heard of, I am waiting to see if Princess will do it in 2018. Very expensive but so different I had to go.