Jump to content
Diamondntherough

Eye of the storm

Recommended Posts

The cruises durning the week of September 8th leaving out of port Canaveral should be able to have people that want to cruise durning that week on any cruise line should be able to make a reservation for that week on the ship that they want to book the cruise for. The info that that is online for the 7 day or longer cruises would be the same information for the shorter cruise dates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bakerette,

I think you misunderstood my question. Let me say it this way. My family is scheduled to sail on the 8th. Will the cruise date be pushed back to monday or tuesday?

And shortened like the sailings before the 8th. I'm just trying to get a heads up so we can govern ourselves accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Diamondntherough , We're sailing on Allure Sept. 8 and right now I don't think there is anything to worry about.  It looks like this week's cruises will be shortened but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is in order by next weekend.  I haven't heard anything official from RCCL but all the weather reports/RCCL updates I've seen it looks like everything should be over by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, which means they should have a few days to get ready for us on the 8th.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing on allure sept 8. Saw somewhere propulsion problems again. I am worried about flooding because of hurricane in florida. How do you get from airport to ship if roads are flooded, i am a worrier so thinking of all scenarios. 

Just now, ScottL said:

Hey @Diamondntherough , We're sailing on Allure Sept. 8 and right now I don't think there is anything to worry about.  It looks like this week's cruises will be shortened but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is in order by next weekend.  I haven't heard anything official from RCCL but all the weather reports/RCCL updates I've seen it looks like everything should be over by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest, which means they should have a few days to get ready for us on the 8th.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all that gave a response. I pray that all goes according to plan, however  Woody Allen said it best. — 'If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.'

@ ScottL: We are booked on the harmony of the seas. Should not have an issue getting to the port, fingers crossed. @ Benny: The last report for the bridge was last friday. 

BREVARD COUNTY • PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA – Port Canaveral announced on Friday that the State Road 401 bridge at the Port will only open on the hour until 5 p.m. today (Friday), due to Hurricane Dorian.

After 5 p.m., the bridge will be open on demand for transit.

@FManke: We are sailing to coco cay the first day. but last update was it had been closed due to the approaching storm. And the itinerary had beed changed for those who sailed last weekend up until this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand the propulsion problems have been an ongoing issue for quite a while, @Benny , unless you heard of something new.  We're flying into Miami and we've got a shuttle booked with RCCL to get us to the cruise terminal.  Based on the current hurricane trajectory it looks like Miami will miss most of the big stuff and I"m hoping since everything should be calming down by Wed. or Thurs. that the roads will be back to normal by the time we fly in on Sunday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Diamondntherough said:

Hello all,

Just checking in to see if anyone here is schedule to cruise on sept,8th. I'm reading a lot of info on the shorter cruise dates but nothing for the upcoming 7 day or longer, leaving out of port canaveral. Praying that the hurricane passes and all is well in its path.

 

We are scheduled to sail 8 September on Harmony, but we don't know if Port Canaveral will actually be open on the 7th or 8th due to storm and clean-up.  Further, we don't know if we can get down there from North Carolina because the hurricane may skirt the coast line.  Actually, it all boils down to our cat -- will we be evacuated with the cat, or will our scheduled cat-sitter stay in town?   And that isn't something covered by trip insurance....I tell you, I am going to look for better storm travel insurance next time....We remain optimistic that we will manage somehow.  Good luck and safe travels to all being affected directly or indirectly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

We are scheduled to sail 8 September on Harmony, but we don't know if Port Canaveral will actually be open on the 7th or 8th due to storm and clean-up.  Further, we don't know if we can get down there from North Carolina because the hurricane may skirt the coast line.  Actually, it all boils down to our cat -- will we be evacuated with the cat, or will our scheduled cat-sitter stay in town?   And that isn't something covered by trip insurance....I tell you, I am going to look for better storm travel insurance next time....We remain optimistic that we will manage somehow.  Good luck and safe travels to all being affected directly or indirectly!

ChessE4, hello neighbor. We are leaving out of Gwinnett Ga. We are driving down the day before as usual. Safe travels to you and your family as well. See you on board : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the same Sept. 8th Harmony sailing. I haven't heard/ read anything that suggests departure would be delayed out of Port Canaveral. The only "issue" I can think of may be the condition of Cococay - Royal says they hope to re-open it on the 7th, depending on further analysis of the damage. Since we're scheduled to visit the island on the 9th, there may be a slight itinerary change for our sailing if it has been severely damaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, KJones said:

I am on the same Sept. 8th Harmony sailing. I haven't heard/ read anything that suggests departure would be delayed out of Port Canaveral. The only "issue" I can think of may be the condition of Cococay - Royal says they hope to re-open it on the 7th, depending on further analysis of the damage. Since we're scheduled to visit the island on the 9th, there may be a slight itinerary change for our sailing if it has been severely damaged.

We are just trying to be prepared in case there is flooding on the roads to the port, or difficulty getting gas on I-95 from NC.  We don't yet know how hard Wilmington, NC will be hit, but we know we can manage tropical storm-level winds.  I agree that Royal intends to sail on the 8th.  Wishing us all luck in the days ahead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...