Special Drinks with Deluxe Beverage Package

Hi All,

I have read that there is a limit on drink prices ($13 or $14) with the Deluxe Beverage Package.  Does anyone know how mush the drinks served in pineapples/coconuts are on Coco Cay, and do you get a discount / pay the overage with the Deluxe Beverage Package.

8 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

Hi All,

I have read that there is a limit on drink prices ($13 or $14) with the Deluxe Beverage Package.  Does anyone know how mush the drinks served in pineapples/coconuts are on Coco Cay, and do you get a discount / pay the overage with the Deluxe Beverage Package.

Yes you only owe the difference. Not sure how much the pineapple drinks are unfortunately. 

I've been trying to find the CocoCay prices but I know on Symphony the pricing for the cocktails in the pineapples were a $12 charge but if you had the drink package they took off $3 and only charged you $9.  It wasn't the same as just paying the overage and the signage for the pineapple cocktails specifically stated that those with the drink package would be charged $9 for the drink.  Now the pineapple cocktails were liquor served out of the fresh pineapples in this case so it may be priced differently for a frozen drink. 

Again, haven't found evidence of how it works on CocoCay but they tend to mirror the way it is handled on the ship.

You CAN ask for the drink in a regular cup and that's completely covered under the drink package.

I believe I've read that if you aren't interested in the coconut, only the drink, then you can get them to put the same thing in a cup and it's covered under the DBP. I know I've read it works this way at Labadee with their signature drink. I'm not sure of the price completely on its own. There are some great CocoCay reviews and live-blogs on the site that do have the drink menus on them.

Just now, sk8erguy1978 said:

Interesting, guess I wrongly assumed they would only charge you for the pineapple... Maybe that's where the $9 dollars comes in?

Perhaps..I know if you buy the drinks in the souvenir cups they will charge you for the cup if you have the drink package.  It's different pricing than just the overage because they want to make money on the souvenir cup.  I think they treat the pineapples the same way.

Drinking pineapple drinks was a one-and-done thing for me..it feels like a vacation drink...but ultimately a very fruity, messy, sticky, and low alcohol volume vacation drink ?

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

Perhaps..I know if you buy the drinks in the souvenir cups they will charge you for the cup if you have the drink package.  It's different pricing than just the overage because they want to make money on the souvenir cup.  I think they treat the pineapples the same way.

Drinking pineapple drinks was a one-and-done thing for me..it feels like a vacation drink...but ultimately a very fruity, messy, sticky, and low alcohol volume vacation drink ?

Emphasis on sticky and messy !

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I was thinking more of the coconut drinks just because it is vacation!  I will probably be one and done too! LOL