Will RCI go over the 900m amplification budget?

Bran1h

Having already spent 345m (indy, nav & mar) and announced 427m (voy, oasis & allure) will royal scale down the amp on the remaining ships? I know adventure already received some of the upgrades in 2016 (water slides, splash away bay & new staterooms) so they may spend a lot less on her. I was expecting explorer to get the 100m refresh (sailing her in 9/2020). Now I'm hoping she gets it.

Voyager announced to be $97m.  Discussed in this thread:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/13592-voyager-amplification/

Explorer, Adventure, Freedom and Liberty yet to be announced.  With the exception of Freedom, the rest of these ships already have received various levels of AMPing before that was a thing.    

Explorer has already quietly received some refreshments like the new deck 12 forward cabins including Panoramic suites.  The interior cabin I had in 2018 had been "touched" such as new carpet, new seat back/bottom, new sofa - the type of cabin update that Navigator received during her AMP.  The Tavern area had new large screen displays installed and the overall area refreshed.    Mariner and Navigator had received none of that so large sums of their AMP went into things that Explorer has already received. That should make Explorer's AMP less costly.  

Liberty too had the new deck 12 cabins added a few years ago while Freedom has not.  Liberty had the other new cabins squeezed into areas around the ship already, I stayed in one last year (before AMP was a project).  Indy got these added during her AMP driving up her AMP cost.  Liberty has water slides already.  Liberty has a suite lounge already, Freedom does not.  That should make Liberty's AMP much less costly.  Liberty's AMP will largely be deck 4/5 changes with possibly some pool deck or solarium updates.  Prior to Indy's AMP Liberty was my favorite Freedom class ship because of the updates she already received.  

Adventure started the ball rolling getting AMP like updates before they officially called it that.  New Izumi in the Promenade, water slides, minor cabin updates, a suite lounge.  Her AMP should be less costly because she was already 90% AMPED months before they announced the whole amplification program.

With the exception of Freedom, the rest of the fleet amplification should be less costly.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2019 at 7:37 AM, Bran1h said:

Having already spent 345m (indy, nav & mar) and announced 427m (voy, oasis & allure) will royal scale down the amp on the remaining ships? I know adventure already received some of the upgrades in 2016 (water slides, splash away bay & new staterooms) so they may spend a lot less on her. I was expecting explorer to get the 100m refresh (sailing her in 9/2020). Now I'm hoping she gets it.

I think they will look at the roi an then decide.