Bathroom Organizer

Hello,

One popular cruise hack for the bathroom is an over the door organizer for more space,  However, I noticed the bathroom doors on Royal Caribbean (at least the Liberty of the Seas) has four hooks on the inside.  I think hanging an organizer over the door (on the inside) or on the hooks means I lose the use of the hooks for bathroom towels.

Does anyone have alternative ideas?  Thanks!

I'm not a huge fan of this "hack".  I AM a fan of it for packing because you can just roll it packed up and then unroll onboard the ship.  However I mean you "could" put the organizer on the outside of the door, or use magnetic hooks to put the organizer on a wall outside of the bathroom or similar.  

8 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I haven't needed the organizer yet.  I find that there is really a lot of shelves, etc, for stuff and I use the small metal holds from Amazon for hanging stuff.  Jane

I agree with @mom2mybugs, although the bathrooms are on the small side, there is enough shelving and cabinet space to hold everything we have needed in the past.

I've always seen it where the organizer is hanging on the outside of the door, so it doesn't affect the hooks.  You can use it for things like sunscreen, sunglasses, and other miscellaneous random items you have..if you use it for toiletries then just grab them before you go into the bathroom.  I find most of the time there's enough storage in the actual bathroom (check for shelving behind mirrors) and you won't need to stash them anywhere else.  They usually have really flimsy ones at Dollar Tree if you want to try it out before investing in a heavy duty one that costs $5 elsewhere..haha.

I haven't found a need for the bathroom organizer but I can see if you have a lot of people in one room with one bathroom that it could be useful.  I think this is where Matt (admin for the site) recommends getting two rooms instead of one big room for families-extra bathroom and extra storage space!

On 7/14/2019 at 12:59 AM, ThyriC said:

I'm not a huge fan of this "hack".  I AM a fan of it for packing because you can just roll it packed up and then unroll onboard the ship.  However I mean you "could" put the organizer on the outside of the door, or use magnetic hooks to put the organizer on a wall outside of the bathroom or similar.  

Now I feel like a complete idiot.  The bathroom door on the Empress wouldn't close with my over the door shoe organizer and I should have used the magnetic hooks I packed.