Ordering entree's to go? + Bottled water ?'s

Jess4214

Hello,

A few questions to ask...

Cruising on HOS in Sept and we have traditional late seating.  I was wondering, is it possible to order entrees from the dinner menu at MDR and take the food to go? Just in case for some reason we couldn't devote the entire time at a sit down meal or if worst comes to worst we weren't feeling well but didn't want to miss out on dinner, would that option be available? Does Solarium Bistro allow you to take the entrees "to go" as well? I understand Solarium Bistro is rsvp only and appetizers are buffet style, entrees are on a menu... is that correct?

My next question is will they allow us to take bottled waters off the ship and on the ship when coming and going at Port? Btw our stops are Cococay, St Thomas and St Maarten.

Thank you in advance!

5 hours ago, Jess4214 said:

My next question is will they allow us to take bottled waters off the ship and on the ship when coming and going at Port? Btw our stops are Cococay, St Thomas and St Maarten.

Thank you in advance!

You can take sealed bottles of water off the ship, and they are often sold for that purpose.

6 hours ago, Jess4214 said:

I understand Solarium Bistro is rsvp only and appetizers are buffet style, entrees are on a menu... is that correct?

I think that now depends on the ship. It did used to be that appetizers and desserts were buffet and entrees were served. But last month on Symphony they changed it that Solarium Bistro was entirely buffet. And yes, even though it is a complimentary restaurant, they do prefer reservations which you can do on the cruise planner when dining becomes available for your sailing.

I have seen passengers  leave the dining room with  plates with the plastic  warm cover presumably for someone who couldn't make dinner. In fact, 4 years ago, I was that person and the waiter asked my husband if he wanted a dinner for me to "take out." Also, you can go to the windjammer and take a plate to the cabin.

11 hours ago, Jess4214 said:

Cruising on HOS in Sept and we have traditional late seating.  I was wondering, is it possible to order entrees from the dinner menu at MDR and take the food to go? Just in case for some reason we couldn't devote the entire time at a sit down meal or if worst comes to worst we weren't feeling well but didn't want to miss out on dinner, would that option be available? Does Solarium Bistro allow you to take the entrees "to go" as well? I understand Solarium Bistro is rsvp only and appetizers are buffet style, entrees are on a menu... is that correct?

Just ask..they will get you a room service cover for your plate and you can leave with it.  The food comes out of the kitchen with covers on which are removed at the waiter's station before serving at the table, so they have them easily available.

11 hours ago, Jess4214 said:

Yes, you can take bottled water off the ship.  Sometimes they are picky about you bringing them back onto the ship, but that's more them looking for liquor purchased in port that you are taking back to the ship.  

On 6/14/2019 at 2:46 AM, Jess4214 said:

will they allow us to take bottled waters off the ship and on the ship when coming and going at Port? Btw our stops are Cococay, St Thomas and St Maarten.

You can come and go with sealed water bottles, but they may give you a hard time bringing an opened water bottle back.  That's the oldest trick in the book for smuggling alcohol.  They will probably insist on inspecting it and might make you throw it away.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:24 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have seen waiters wrap up small amounts of food, like desserts, for you to take out but I have never seen any "to go" boxes.  I don't think they would be likely to allow you to take entire meals out of the MDR "to go".

They'll let you.  I do it all the time.  You don't even need to dine in, I've ordered from the hostess stand and brought plates back to my room.  I can't not have cheese plates stashed in the room fridge at all times. ?