5th Oasis Class ship Steel cutting ceremony

Looks like it happened 24 Apr 19. ? Why wasn't i notified...? It would have been my pleasure to be there ?

http://chantiers-atlantique.com/en/first-steel-cutting-ceremony-of-the-new-oasis-class-ship-for-

Chantiers de l’Atlantique announces the order by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) of a fifth Edge-class ship for delivery in the fall of 2024.

After the successful delivery in October 2018 of Celebrity Edge, this new order is a testimony of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd trust in Chantiers de l’Atlantique’s technical excellence. On that occasion Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. was pleased to underline the amazing partnership built between them and Chantiers de l’Atlantique. On his side Laurent Castaing, General Manager Chantiers de l’Atlantique qualified this order as “a real testimony of the exceptional level of cooperation we reached together.”

16 hours ago, mworkman said:

Looks like it happened 24 Apr 19. ? Why wasn't i notified...? It would have been my pleasure to be there ?

I'm appalled you weren't  asked. I demand a boycott of RCCL!?

Or at the very least a free cruise for you. And me of course for being your advocate! 

22 hours ago, mworkman said:

I will be looking to book a TA on this ship ? Then i can check another couple of cruises of the bucket list. Of course i will have to see what ships line up for the Mediterranean before i cruise back on the new Boaty McBoatface of the Sea's. ?

The inaugural TA's have become elite top heavy.  I'm not saying you shouldn't book it but prepare yourself for the entitled masses and some closed venues for the top elites at times.  

For example last year on the Symphony TA the entire center section of the aqua theater seating was reserved for D+ for every showing.   Dazzles was closed nightly for Pinnacle only.   For anyone not top elite it can seem like the cruise is focused on top elite.  

Normally on any given Oasis class cruise there are thousands of newbies but on these TAs most people are experienced Royal cruisers who know all the tips and tricks.  Those tips and tricks don't work the same because everyone knows them.  It's different for sure.