Oasis of the Seas: deck 8 or 9

Phillip A.

Phillip do you know for sure that you (or someone cruising with you ) have an issue with motion sickness or are you just being cautious ? I find a positive attitude about motion sickness goes a long way. I believe ( there are many who disagree, BTW) that if you THINK you are going to be seasick, then you WILL be seasick.

Do I know for sure? No, because this is my first cruise aside from a cruise to nowhere that went a couple miles off Fort Lauderdale beach. I get motion sickness easily, roller coasters, 3D attractions, I can't read or write while in a car without getting dizzy/nauseated. So at this point I'm trying to minimize the risk.

Do I know for sure? No, because this is my first cruise aside from a cruise to nowhere that went a couple miles off Fort Lauderdale beach. I get motion sickness easily, roller coasters, 3D attractions, I can't read or write while in a car without getting dizzy/nauseated. So at this point I'm trying to minimize the risk.

I think being cautious is good. My wife is prone to motion sickness in rough seas or when there are high winds, but her queasiness has always been mitigated by moving midship. We had a really rough sailing to Norway and Iceland this past summer with waves crashing over our porthole and 70+ mph winds, but she always felt comfortable when we were in our midship cabin and it provided a nice retreat when the motion became too much in the gym or elsewhere where the movement was more noticeable.

Wait, wait, wait.... So I can deck hop via the rising tide? I can grab a drink in the name of convenience?

Say hi to my wife when you do this as I don't expect to find her elsewhere on the ship.  "It goes between different parts of the ship AND it's a bar?!"  

Now I just have to worry about her getting lost.  Entering on one deck in the morning then exiting on another 12 hours later could really confuse things.