Long haul to Anchorage question

Hello everyone. A geeky technology question for you (hello @Matt and @twangster!) While not directly related to RCCL, my question has to do with me getting to my Royal Caribbean Alaska Southbound cruise this summer. I have a Lenovo Yoga Chromebook, and we are wanting to watch movies and do other things on it while we are high in the sky to Anchorage. I have a jack that I can plug into my Chromebook, but that is for two wired headphones. I am wondering if there is such a device that I can connect to my Chromebook and pair two sets of bluetooth headphones to the Chromebook. I can currently pair one set of bluetooth headphones to it. For example, we want to watch a movie and they are two of us that want to watch and hear it at the same time. Any suggestions? Of course, as we get closer to Anchorage we will not be using it (Hello, beautiful mountains!)

I carry a wireless Bluetooth transmitter in my bag at all times, be sure to get one that works both ways, incoming and outgoing. 

On planes I’ll plug it into the IFE and send it to my headphones. You could each have one as they’re only about twenty bucks on Amazon and use the splitter if you wanted to listen to the same content  

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B075K61NR1/ref=sr_1_20?crid=2ADAQDXL5TCAY&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter&qid=1559093501&s=gateway&sprefix=Bluetooth+tr%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-20

The challenge will be two bluetooth headphones.  I hear this is an upcoming feature leaked for the next generation of iPhones but it's not something I've heard much about before.  

Having said that I have never tried because when I travel with family we all tend to be into our thing and watch on our own iPads or iPhones.  

What @Andrew72681 proposes should work but it's some extra gear to carry.  The splitter plus two bluetooth transmitters that both need to be charged and plugged into the splitter.  I always try to pair down my travel accessories to a bare minimum, I've got enough cables and adapters to carry.  

Search for:

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter/Receiver, Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter (aptX Low Latency, Pair 2 at Once, for TV/Car Sound System, Volume Control)

Available on Amazon for about $33. Note you can find other similar devices by searching for 'bluetooth splitter'.

It uses the AUX audio output of phones/computers etc and splits the signal to two Bluetooth broadcasts so two wireless headsets/earbuds can listen to the same audio.

It can also work in reverse, so to speak, by plugging in a wired headset and then Bluetooth to a compatible device like a phone.

My wife and I both have our own Kindle Fire and Amazon Prime. We can download several movies to each  Kindle and watch them inflight as we wish. Of course there are books and other activities as well. Just know that use in sunlight is marginal to impossible and some applications require a WiFi connection.

5 minutes ago, Ditchdoc said:

Search for:

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter/Receiver, Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter (aptX Low Latency, Pair 2 at Once, for TV/Car Sound System, Volume Control)

Available on Amazon for about $33. Note you can find other similar devices by searching for 'bluetooth splitter'.

It uses a the AUX audio output of phones/computers etc and splits the signal to two Bluetooth broadcasts so two wireless headsets/earbuds can listen to the same audio.

It can also work in reverse so to speak by plugging in a wired headset and then Bluetooth to a compatible device like a phone.

My wife and I both have our own Kindle Fire and Amazon Prime. We can download several movies to each  Kindle and watch them inflight as we wish. Of course there are books and other activities as well. Just know that use in sunlight is marginal to impossible and some applications require a WiFi connection.

You are clairvoyant! That's the one I ordered last night AND your application is what we will be doing. Love Prime.

@twangster Yes, always trying to pair down the accessories. This is one way we are paring down. One less iPad/Chromebook. Loading my Prime movies and Prime books on the chromebook. Audible on the Note8. 

4 minutes ago, spursfreak21 said:

You could always go old school and get a splitter then plug 2 wired headphones into it. If the adapter doesn’t work. 

Yes, have that already. Preferring the wireless option to reduce wires everywhere. But, that is the backup plan.