Would love cruise compass for Europe!

Hi everyone...I’m on a quest for the cruise compass on vision for the 12day Greek/med cruise to Cannes, Florence, Rome, Athens, Mykenos, Santorini and Valletta.  I have been able to watch some vlogs on you tube but the closest I can get here on rcblog compasses has been brilliance 2016. Just trying to get a vague idea of shows and trivia etc so I can plan the 4 night specialty dining better when I get on the ship.  I know not many here hit Europe but I’m hoping I can catch someone who did the trip or has a good idea of where to search!  Jane

If I'm going to Europe with that exceptional itinetary, I wouldn't be looking for a cruise compass as I will not be on the ship. I will be making excursion plans to visit/see everything I can and indulge in the culinary delights.  When you go to Europe is to view the sites. Not to sit on a ship. l can't imagine going all the way to Europe just to sit on a ship. Or is it just me?

37 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

If I'm going to Europe with that exceptional itinetary, I wouldn't be looking for a cruise compass as I will not be on the ship. I will be making excursion plans to visit/see everything I can and indulge in the culinary delights.  When you go to Europe is to view the sites. Not to sit on a ship. l can't imagine going all the way to Europe just to sit on a ship. Or is it just me?

In such a long cruise with lots of port you must find a day or two to rest and maybe do only half day on some of the ports otherwise you will quickly be very tired and require another vacation post the this vacation .

Done the med few times, enjoyed all the ports but still even if I had full day trip to Rome or other interesting port  I still wanted to enjoy activities during the evening/night  

She listed 7 ports and it's a 12-night cruise...that means there are plenty of sea days to enjoy the ship and its activities.  She mentioned a 4-night dining package, so having a good idea of what the entertainment schedule is going to look like for those non-port days will help her in deciding where she wants to make her dining reservations when she gets on board.

@mom2mybugs From old Jewel Compasses it appears they do two shows and it looks like they're around the set main dining times which you should be able to discern from the options you had when booking.  The sample Compass I looked at had 2 showings of the main theater show each night..on later port days both showings were later.  You may be able to take a guess of when entertainment will be from that.

3 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

I have 4 sea days.  We have excursions booked every port day.  What I'm trying to figure out is when to time my dinners etc with the occasional evening show or music in the schooner beer.  I do have to get back on the ship when it leaves port!  Jane

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

In such a long cruise with lots of port you must find a day or two to rest and maybe do only half day on some of the ports otherwise you will quickly be very tired and require another vacation post the this vacation .

Done the med few times, enjoyed all the ports but still even if I had full day trip to Rome or other interesting port  I still wanted to enjoy activities during the evening/night  

The days I know we will be tied are back to back Florence/Rome.  But I'm feeling like we are just scratching the surface and have to do full days.  I will be very thankful to have the 2 sea days after to sleep on my deck chair!!! Greece will be less busy though very hot!  Jane

@mom2mybugs I am looking for one for this years Mediterranean Venice 12 night if someone responds. If I come across one I will be sure to send it along to you.

There is one for last year on the blog but I was hoping for an updated one. 

My cruise is:

Barcelona

Nice

Florence

Rome

Amalfi Coast

Venice

Split,

Kotor

23 hours ago, KenCP said:

@mom2mybugs do you have the Royal App downloaded to your phone?  My app seems to add new info to the "Daily Planner" every few days even though it says "We're finalizing activities schedules"

I do but if it’s like it was on allure in March, it was totally not complete by any stretch.  When do you leave?  And what ship?  Your itinerary looks amazing.  We were really torn on which cruise to pick.  We are sure we will get to Italy again so we decided on the one with Greece but I’m so anting to see Venice.  And it looks like we will miss the chance to cruise it as they keep limiting cruise ships.  Are you going to blog?  So looking forward to hearing how those other ports are!!   Jane

23 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I do but if it’s like it was on allure in March, it was totally not complete by any stretch.  When do you leave?  And what ship?  Your itinerary looks amazing.  We were really torn on which cruise to pick.  We are sure we will get to Italy again so we decided on the one with Greece but I’m so anting to see Venice.  And it looks like we will miss the chance to cruise it as they keep limiting cruise ships.  Are you going to blog?  So looking forward to hearing how those other ports are!!   Jane

I leave September 3 from Barcelona, I will be arriving 4 days prior to explore a little. Visit a few Bodega's for sure for some wine and vermouths!

I will probably not be blogging but I will post pictures for sure. 

Unfortunately after the mishap with MSC this past weekend it only strengthens the Venetian's cause to have cruise ships banned from the canal.

I was also torn between the two but Italy always wins with me.  I will do Greece some day!

13 hours ago, KenCP said:

I leave September 3 from Barcelona, I will be arriving 4 days prior to explore a little. Visit a few Bodega's for sure for some wine and vermouths!

I will probably not be blogging but I will post pictures for sure. 

Unfortunately after the mishap with MSC this past weekend it only strengthens the Venetian's cause to have cruise ships banned from the canal.

I was also torn between the two but Italy always wins with me.  I will do Greece some day!

I would guess Venice will ban the cruise ships...which makes me sad I will have missed it.  I know I will land vacation in Italy someday though!!!