MDR Food Temp

Pen

Last year we were on Anthem for our first cruise.  3 of the 5 days we ate breakfast in the MDR.  Every one of those meals for each of us were lukewarm temperature.  Since it was more than one day, we felt it was a problem on this ship.  Next year 8 of us are going on Oasis.  I just listened to podcast 219 in which they felt the food wasn't hot.  Are these isolated problems or a recurring theme?

13 minutes ago, Pen said:

Last year we were on Anthem for our first cruise.  3 of the 5 days we ate breakfast in the MDR.  Every one of those meals for each of us were lukewarm temperature.  Since it was more than one day, we felt it was a problem on this ship.  Next year 8 of us are going on Oasis.  I just listened to podcast 219 in which they felt the food wasn't hot.  Are these isolated problems or a recurring theme?

In my opinion this happens a lot. I find they prepare the MDR food too far in advance because they have so many people to feed at once.. This is why I like specialty dining. I realize there is no specialty dining for breakfast but I am not a breakfast person so this hasn't been an issue for me.. Royal just doesn't want to spend the money on food the way the used to because they want to keep the base price of the cruise as low as possible. This is not an opinion this is something I actual discussed with a Vice President in charge of all the Bars and food at the bars. I met him on a cruise last year and we had a very long discussion about the food and he explained to me Royals theory on wanting to keep the base price as low as possible and letting people add packages and customize their cruise as much as possible. So basically I don't see Royal improving the "free food" too much and I have accepted this which is why I buy an unlimited dining package for every cruise. Again I realize this doesn't help you but like I said I don't eat Breakfast so I'm not sure how to help with that. 

22 hours ago, Pen said:

On the bigger ships in the main dining room it is definitely a problem. I've not had cold food, but usually it's just warm. It's just an inevitability of trying to serve 6000+ people a meal. 

My last cruise on Rhapsody (2,000+ people) we had fantastic MDR food, especially at dinner. Food was hot, and very well prepared. 

6 hours ago, Sh2738 said:

I have never experienced anything less than excellent food in the MDR or any of the dining venues. We have always been very appreciative of the quality of the food provided and haven’t had anything that wasn’t good or even great. Hopefully what you experienced was a one time occurrence. Happy Cruising. 

We are hoping for better results as well :)