Symphony Thermal Suite 5 Day Pass

On past cruises, in other RCL ships, access to the steam rooms was free. I think (?) I read somewhere that was not the case on the Symphony. Now, I just read about Thermal Suites on my Cruise Planner but there really was no details other than it was for 15 minutes. Can anyone tell me if there is a free steam room and, if not, what's included with the Thermal Suite and is it really for just 15 minutes? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, kontraxed said:

On past cruises, in other RCL ships, access to the steam rooms was free. I think (?) I read somewhere that was not the case on the Symphony. Now, I just read about Thermal Suites on my Cruise Planner but there really was no details other than it was for 15 minutes. Can anyone tell me if there is a free steam room and, if not, what's included with the Thermal Suite and is it really for just 15 minutes? Thanks!

The thermal suite include dry sauna, steam room, rain showers, heated seats room  and some do it yourself exfoliation treatment .

Not sure if there is a free steam room anywhere else . On the Symphony last year the package for two (for the full week) cost us around 200$ 

Here is a photo of the thermal suite taken during a tour upon boarding:

pmOqNxC.jpg

To the right are thermal beds, ceramic/tile beds that are heated.  In the two doors on the left are a steam room and dry sauna.  In the distance the black opening leads to a rainfall shower to cool down.  This is the extent of the thermal spa suite pass access.

I had the spa pass on Symphony and used it a couple of times but not as often as I thought.  Having had the pass at some Vegas resorts those were well worth the money.    This was okay but not all that.  Part of my issue on this cruise involved fellow guests who laid on the heated beds listening to youtube videos and new stories on speakerphone.  Not just once either.  Hardly relaxing.  Those old people are so entitled ? 

The thermal spa option is not free on any Oasis or Quantum class ships.  I use them when I am in Star Class but they are definitely not anything I would pay extra for.  Dan loves the sauna so he uses it a lot when we are on the smaller ships.  I can't take the heat of a sauna or steam room so I lay about on the ceramic beds a while and call it a day !