Belize vs Grand Cayman

SpeedNoodles

I'm looking at 2 different Western Caribbean cruises and the itineraries are identical with the exception that one goes to Belize and one goes to Grand Cayman.

Based on what I've sponged off of the boards, I *think* I know which would be the better choice.  But since I'm also known for being grossly incorrect, I'm going to run it by you folks again.

It's amazing that I've even gotten my husband to consider a Caribbean cruise.  We have one scheduled next February (Eastern Caribbean) and his attitude is basically "they are islands, if you've seen one, you've seen them all.  Beach, beach, beach, beach."  So the fact that he's agreed to this 2nd one is nothing short of a miracle.  Assuming, of course, that I can get him back on an airplane after our Alaska trip in June *sigh*.

Personally, I loooooooooooove Grand Cayman. We went for the first time in <cough>1996<cough> and enjoyed it enough to return twice for week-long land vacations. Last time we were there was 2010, so I'm sure it has changed some, but I still have a special place in my heart for GC. Head to Cemetery Beach if you like to snorkel and don't want to do a regular excursion!

Both are tender ports and I guess it really depends what you want to do.

Belize is best known for diving (scuba or snorkeling). If that's important to you, the diving is far superior in Belize.

Grand Cayman has a great beach (7 mile beach).  It's also notoriously expensive (relative for the Caribbean). It's tender ride is also much shorter than the one to Belize.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Both are tender ports and I guess it really depends what you want to do.

Belize is best known for diving (scuba or snorkeling). If that's important to you, the diving is far superior in Belize.

Grand Cayman has a great beach (7 mile beach).  It's also notoriously expensive (relative for the Caribbean). It's tender ride is also much shorter than the one to Belize.

Thanks, this does help!