RC changing our Room

I booked a RC cruise 9 months in advance So I could Pick a good room.

Was called today by my “Vacations to Go”  Agent , I had to move rooms because we only had 2 people in our room and it could  accommodate 3 to 4 people ( because of fold out couch).

I looked at the ticket contract and I don’t see anywhere that they can change our room we already reserved. Does anyone know how we can solve this problem? 

I don’t know if there is anything that can be done in this case, but, I have heard of it happening before. Most recently, I heard of a case where 3 people were booked into a grand loft (which is star class) and one person had to cancel, leaving 2 people, and royal said that they would have to cancel their reservation because the suite can accommodate more than 2! This did not seem right to me and unfortunately I do not know the end result yet.

My advice would be to double check with your TA in case they are wrong. Or even ask to speak to a supervisor. If all else fails, call royal directly.

I have experienced the cancel the 3rd and get relocated to a double instead of a triple cabin.

I think they always have the option to relocate you to a different cabin but would raise a stink about it if they are doing it "just because they can". If they opened up the inventory to allow 2 people to book a triple thats their issue not yours.

7 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

I have experienced the cancel the 3rd and get relocated to a double instead of a triple cabin.

I think they always have the option to relocate you to a different cabin but would raise a stink about it if they are doing it "just because they can". If they opened up the inventory to allow 2 people to book a triple thats their issue not yours.

I agree with this !  If it was a 3 person room then it should not have been in general inventory, available to be booked by 2.  Of course, that doesn't help the OP.  In similar cases I have read that they give the original bookers at least an equivalent, and often an upgrade, to what they had originally booked.  I hope that happens for the OP.  This seems like a Royal SNAFU to me.