Happy Sunday! We hope you are having a great weekend and ready to talk a little Royal Caribbean.
The big news this week came when the U.S. government announced it would no longer allow cruise ships to travel between the U.S. and Cuba. As a result of this policy change, Royal Caribbean cancelled all scheduled visits to Cuba.
The two ships that were offering cruises to Cuba, Majesty of the Seas and Empress of the Seas, have had alternative ports secured.
In addition, Royal Caribbean is offering the option of guests on affected sailings remaining on the cruise and receiving a 50% refund, or they can cancel their cruise and receive a full refund.
Royal Caribbean News
- Spectrum of the Seas made her debut in China.
- Royal Caribbean provided a look at the financial impact of the Cuba travel policy change.
- Independence of the Seas summer 2020 sailings are now available to book.
- We shared our top ten Royal Caribbean dining tips.
- What to know before booking a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- The best waterproof cases for your phone to use at Perfect Day at CocoCay.
- Kids Sail Free is back with Royal Caribbean's June sales promotion.
- There is still some time to take advantage of the pre-cruise purchase sale.
- How to check-in online for your Royal Caribbean cruise.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Matt interviews Claudia Diaz-Gonzalez about her work in making the Perfect Day at CocoCay transformation into a reality. Claudia provides a behind-the-scenes look at the hard work she and her team engaged in to bring Perfect Day to CocoCay to life.
New RCB Video: Royal Caribbean cruise mistakes that are not really a mistake
Have you subscribed to the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube Channel? We share some great videos there regularly, all about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise! This week, we are sharing our latest video — Royal Caribbean cruise mistakes that are not really a mistake — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Readers Digest listed the cruise lines that have a private island.
Shack News provided the history and evolution of CocoCay.
Travel Pulse looked at the culinary delights on Oasis of the Seas,
diginomica reported on Royal Caribbean's digital tools that aim to enhance the customer experience.
Cruise Habit shared information on cruising during hurricane season.