Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: September 15, 2013
Happy Sunday and I hope you had a great week (and weekend)! This week's biggest news was centered around Royal Caribbean's newest cruise ship that is still under construction, Quantum of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean announced a new program called, "Quantum Experience Advisors" that will bring industry professionals in to help design the ship and ensure "every aspect of the guest experience has been maximized to the fullest extent."
The first member of the Quantum Experince Advisors is HGTV star Genevieve Gorder. Gorder is being tasked with interior design, key amenities and activities on the Quantum-class. Thus far, Gorder has reviewed plans, fabrics, carpets and furnishings for the ship’s luxurious accommodations.
Royal Caribbean has indicated we will meet more members of the Quantum Experience Advisors as time goes forward.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean announced Lisa Bauer is leaving the company along with 100 layoffs.
- Should you take a cruise close to home or fly to your cruise? We share the pros and cons of both.
- Royal Caribbean is investing in their onboard internet for guest satisfaction and for bigger profits.
- Royal Caribbean's board of directors named a new lead director.
- Royal Caribbean UK launched a new game for the iPad and promises an iPhone version is coming soon.
- Considering Royal Caribbean's wine package? Here's everything you need to know.
- We launched a new live blog series on Freedom of the Seas. Check out the first post.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
It seems like everyone books shore excursions on their cruise vacation, so this week Matt looks at the benefits and drawbacks of booking your shore excursions through Royal Caribbean or on your own. There isn't a wrong answer, but Matt thinks depending on your comfort level, there's some good choices to consider.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Royal Caribbean posted some design tips that Genevieve Gorder shared for the home.
Cruise Maven has her list of the best 5 specialty restaurants on Allure of the Seas.
Travel Weekly has a group of travel agents assess the pros and cons of Royal Caribbean's recent restructure in the UK.
Travel Weekly also has a report that Royal Caribbean is reporting some of the Australia itineraries are not ideal because of port issues.