Wonder of the Seas is Royal Caribbean's fifth Oasis Class cruise ship, and will bring some all new features to the already impressive class of ships.
While Wonder is not the first ship in the Oasis Class, she is far from a carbon copy of her sisters. In fact, Royal Caribbean will add certain activities and things to do not seen on any other ship in the fleet.
If you are thinking of booking Wonder of the Seas, or are planning for an upcoming cruise, there are quite a few things you should know about this new ship.
Here is a look at the most important things we know about Wonder of the Seas.
What's different about Wonder of the Seas?
Assuming you have been on another Oasis Class ship, you may be curious what makes Wonder of the Seas different from other ships.
Royal Caribbean has radically redesigned the top decks of the ship, as well as added a completely new neighborhood.
Here is a list of the major changes we know about so far:
- Suite Neighborhood
- The Vue, a cantilevered pool bar
- Wonder Playscape, an interactive, open-air kids’ play area that has slides, climbing walls, games, puzzles, and an interactive mural activated by touch
- Pool deck experience, The Lime & Coconut
- Only one FlowRider (other Oasis Class ships have two)
- First cruise ship with The Mason Jar specialty restaurant
Suite Class Neighborhood
Royal Caribbean added an eighth neighborhood on Wonder of the Seas that is dedicated to guests staying in a suite.
Royal Suite Class guests an elevated Suite Sun Deck in a new location, complete with a plunge pool, bar and plenty of loungers and nooks to kick back; along with favorites such as Coastal Kitchen, the private restaurant, and the Suite Lounge.
Wonder of the Seas will also have the "grandest Ultimate Family Suite yet" for a family of 10.
Ultimate Family Suite
Wonder of the Seas will become the third Royal Caribbean cruise ship to offer an Ultimate Family Suite.
Unwind on your balcony in your very own jacuzzi or take part in a game of table tennis — all while soaking up stunning ocean views. Level up your stay with a little friendly competition in your private game room complete with video game systems and access to all the games you could want, life-size Connect-Four and more. There’s also a stylish separate master suite where parents can escape.
In fact, the Ultimate Family Suite on Wonder of the Seas will be the biggest version yet, with a capacity for 10 passengers.
Wonder of the Seas itineraries
The original plan was for Wonder of the Seas to be homeported in China, but Royal Caribbean decided to redeploy the ship to the United States instead.
In March 2022, Wonder of the Seas will begin offering 7-night Eastern/Western Caribbean & Perfect Day itineraries from Port Everglades, Florida.
The inaugural Wonder of the Seas sailing will be March 4, 2022.
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Sea day; Labadee; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Sea day; Nasssau, Bahamas; Perfect Day at CocoCay
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Sea day; Roatan, Honduras; Cozumel, Mexico; Costa Maya, Mexico; Sea day; Perfect Day at CocoCay
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Sea day (2 nights); Phillipsburg, St. Maarten; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Sea day; Nasssau, Bahamas; Perfect Day at CocoCay
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Sea day; Labadee; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Sea day; Perfect Day at CocoCay
Caribbean itineraries in March and April are available to book immediately.
In May 2022, Wonder of the Seas will head to Europe, where she will offer 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona and Rome. Wonder of the Seas will visit Palma de Mallorca, Spain and Capri, Italy and replace Allure of the Seas in the region.
European 2022 sailings will open for sale September 22.
Wonder of the Seas facts
Updated September 2021
- Occupancy: 5,734 guests at double occupancy
- 2,300 crew members
- Tonnage: 236,857 GT
- 210 feet wide
- Wonder of the Seas is 362m long (1,188 feet) long
Royal Loft Suite render
- 2,867 staterooms
- 30 feet draft
- 22 knots cruising speed
- 18 total decks
- 24 guest elevators
- 4 bow thrusters, with 7,500 horse power each
Wonder of the Seas bars & restaurants
- Boardwalk Dog House
- Cafe Promenade
- El Loco Fresh
- Main Dining Room
- Park Cafe
- Solarium Bistro
- Vitality Cafe
- 150 Central Park
- Chops Grille
- Coastal Kitchen
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Hooked Seafood
- Johnny Rockets
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
- Sugar Beach
- The Mason Jar
Bars & Lounges
- Bionic Bar
- Cantina Fresca
- Cask & Clipper
- Rising Tide Bar
- Schooner Bar
- Solarium Bar
- The Attic
- The Lime & Coconut
- Trellis Bar
- Wipeout Bar
Wonder of the Seas entertainment
While Royal Caribbean has not revealed all of the shows and entertainment on Wonder of the Seas, we do know of at least one show.
The name of the Aquatheater show will be "InTENse", which is going to have an all-female cast.
The ice show on Wonder of the Seas will be called "365: The Seasons on Ice", and will celebrate the seasons of planet Earth.
No other details have been announced yet.