Pier check in without entire party

melski94

There is a chance that late tomorrow night I will be changing 2 of my family members flights to arrive the day of our cruise.  Please don't tell me not to do that, stuff happens and I won't have another option.  There's a chance that they will come with us and there is also a chance they won't be on the cruise at all.  I'm trying to plan for the only option that I will have to make changes to their flight and I won't know that until late tomorrow.

So can I take 4 of us to check in around 10 am and the other 2 can check in on their own closer to 1pm?  Or do we all have to arrive at the pier together?  For this sailing, each of us has our own individual SetSail passes so they could make it to security on their own.    

Anyone have to do this before? 

I think I must be checking the other cruise forum as I wasn't expecting such a snarky response.  I'm sure we'll manage.

In all of my other cruises, everyone was on only 1 SetSail pass and was told to make sure everyone in our party was there before we went through security.  Not sure if they were wrong and we could have split up. Just trying to verify everything before I cruise next week.

6 hours ago, melski94 said:

There is a chance that late tomorrow night I will be changing 2 of my family members flights to arrive the day of our cruise.  Please don't tell me not to do that, stuff happens and I won't have another option.  There's a chance that they will come with us and there is also a chance they won't be on the cruise at all.  I'm trying to plan for the only option that I will have to make changes to their flight and I won't know that until late tomorrow.

So can I take 4 of us to check in around 10 am and the other 2 can check in on their own closer to 1pm?  Or do we all have to arrive at the pier together?  For this sailing, each of us has our own individual SetSail passes so they could make it to security on their own.    

Anyone have to do this before? 

I do not know with RCCL, but when I sailed on the Disney Magic, the three of us in the room came from different places.  Each of us checked in at different times.  I checked in last, maybe even the very last to board on that sailing.  My roommates were already having fun on board while I was still driving to the port.

13 hours ago, melski94 said:

In all of my other cruises, everyone was on only 1 SetSail pass and was told to make sure everyone in our party was there before we went through security.  Not sure if they were wrong and we could have split up. Just trying to verify everything before I cruise next week.

When it's a single Set Sail pass that has the names of everyone in the party, then indeed you need everyone there at the same time before you can board. However, since you have individual SetSail passes for this upcoming sailing, each person can board whenever they arrive and there's no requirement for all people in a cabin to be there together. Just make sure each person has the necessary documentation along with their pass.

I kind of remember asking about this when I sailed Freedom earlier this year, but in reverse, because so many people had mentioned having individual passes when they boarded and my sailing had a single pass for everyone.

For the Explorer Alaska Royal Caribbean Blog group cruise I flew in the day before, my son the day of the cruise.  I boarded early, he was about 30 minutes behind me.  We had individual set sail passes.  He had no problem boarding after I had already boarded.

My only thought is that the lead passenger, the one with their name on the reservation must check in first.  Otherwise people could add guests and not show up as a means to sell or transfer a booking to other's which isn't allowed. 

If it's one set sail pass with multiple names why couldn't you just print multiple copies of it?