Allure of the Seas

amejiajr8

There are plenty of personal and travel agency video reviews of Allure out there (believe me, I've been searching too... we are going to be on Allure next Sept. 2016) that are decent, but if you have a channel called "AWE", they have a cool series called "Dream Cruises".  I was lucky enough to DVR the episode on Allure of the Seas with the identical itinerary we will be taking next year out of Ft. Lauderdale (Labadee, Falmouth & Cozumel)... the episodes are 1 hour long (with commercials of course), but professionally done of course!  I must have watched the episode 8-10 times to date... sometimes when nothing is on, I leave it on in the backround!  :)

They have other RC ships too... Explorer, Rhapsody, Navigator, Brilliance, Legend, Vision and Voyager to name a few more... we also DVR'd Explorer since that was the last ship we were on (different itinerary).  You can see if your "cable" provider carries the channel... the website let's you pick the provider and tells you if they carry it and what channel.  I'm sure they are working on doing a Quantum class episode!

http://www.awetv.com/dreamcruises/

What Specifically would you guys like to know? I have been on Allure 3 times and loved it each time!

1) did you liked it (check mark) . Any cool observations, activists offered on board, how were the rooms (we went "cheap" two side by side inside room), shows, how is the spa, how is food (I think I ship has sushi so I am excited), does it feel like a lot of people on boat, wow bands?. You know everything . We are departing Ft. lauderdale so any info about port would be helpful.

Just set DVR for next airing. Thanks!

You are very welcome!

FYI, I think tomorrow's episode is "Austral" not the Allure episode... I wish the TV schedule went out more than one week... I know they replay old episodes frequently... I just checked the FiOS guide on the TV and it does not look like it will air in the next couple of weeks (channel schedule only goes as far as 8/24/15).  I can't find this episode anywhere online (YouTube, etc.)...

The series is very good... most of the recent newer episodes are smaller cruise lines (European, etc.) and more exotic or remote locations, not the mainstream itineraries.  All of the RC cruises were in season one (now just started season four).

Here's an old post from our forum (also shows the first 1:30+ of the Allure episode): http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/12/20/dvr-alert-dream-cruises-featuring-many-royal-caribbean-ships

Amejjajr8 here are your answers lol.  I think the whole boat is a cool observation. It is just so big and beautiful. When you walk on you walk on deck 5 the Royal Promenade and you are immediately wowed by the sheer size. Then you go to deck 6 aft (back of ship) to the boardwalk and you see the Aqua Theater which is just such as cool space and don't miss the Aqua theater water show you must pre book it online! Then head right up to deck 8 central park and you say ok this is so cool how did they manage to make central park on a ship! And it just keeps going on and on... Next Question you asked were about the rooms. I am not going to lie an inside room is very tight and they don't give much closet space in my opinion but I bring a lot of clothes but maybe you can't go by me because for me even a balcony room is too tight. I always get some kind of suite when I go on Oasis Class ships because the way they designed the other staterooms is too tight for me. But for you it might be perfect it is so subjective. Ok Now for the shows! They are all AMAZING. If you like Broadway then you definitely need to see Mama Mia. I saw it on Quantum and it was awesome. Then there is the ice show. It is so cool and done so well you have to see that too. Then there is a show called Blue planet. It is a Cirque du solie (I know I spelled it wrong) type show set to music and it is really good. Of course I mentioned the Aqua Theater show which is an amazing water show. Then there is the comedian you have to have advance seats for that. So yea all shows are a must see! Ok Spa time. Honestly I just go there to get a Massage and I leave. I like spending my time in the adults only Solarium which is all the way in the front of the ship. It has a great pool and hot tubs. Now for food. Like Matt says food is Soooo subjective. In my opinion the MDR has gone down in quality quite a bit but you may love it. I am not a drinker but I am a foodie. So instead of buying drinks I go to specialty restaurants every night. I love every restaurant on Allure. I can't wait to try the new Sabor and the new Habachi area of Izumi. I currently love Chops Grille, Geovanni's table, Samba Grill, regular izumi, 150 Central park... All just so good in my opinion. To me it does not feel like a lot of people on the ship. They did a great job with creating neighborhoods so people spread out nicely.. No Wow Bands on Allure.. Only Quantum class and Harmony as of right now... LAst question was about the port.. The port is super easy. You will be in terminal 18 which is specifically made for oasis class ships... If you have any other questions let me know but I hope this help!! 

So just changed my cruise date and Itenary. We will be on the Allure of the Seas so now it's time to find out more about this ship. Looking at pictures this cruise will be a whole new experience. Any info about the ship will be helpful.

Check this link my friend, very usefull information.

That hotel is perfect. I live in Ft. Lauderdale so I am very familiar with it. It is clean and in a good area.

that is great to hear. is there a bus that runs thru there that can get us to the beach or is there a safe walkway to get to beach? Also any good restaurants around the area. I am a year out but all about planning so the family has a smooth vacation and my wife doesn't stress about the details. Also i secretly want to be a travel agent or a vacation blogger.

• 1 month later...

So just changed my cruise date and Itenary. We will be on the Allure of the Seas so now it's time to find out more about this ship. Looking at pictures this cruise will be a whole new experience. Any info about the ship will be helpful.

I hope you get this message... the Allure of the Seas hour long episode on Dream Cruises is on tonight (9:00PM EST) and on again at 12:30AM EST on the "AWE" channel (Channel 669 on FiOS where I am in NY)... I'm sure it will be repeated multiple times!  Excellent episode!

I hope you get this message... the Allure of the Seas hour long episode on Dream Cruises is on tonight (9:00PM EST) and on again at 12:30AM EST on the "AWE" channel (Channel 669 on FiOS where I am in NY)... I'm sure it will be repeated multiple times!  Excellent episode!

It will be repeated many times.  That channel has limited programming, but since I love seeing these documentaries over and over again I do not mind!

I am such a tech dolt. I don't even know what Roku is or what it does. Does it work with TIVO ?

It works with a TV. You just plug it into your TV's HDMI port and then switch your input and that's it.  It connects to your wifi at home and you can get tons of apps for free!

• 3 months later...

What Specifically would you guys like to know? I have been on Allure 3 times and loved it each time!

I'll be on Allure March 2016.  We've rebooked all shows except for Comedian, which we are still not sure which night to do that...  

Looking into excursions for St. Thomas and St. Maarten and would be interested in any recommendations you may have.   

How does the dining work?  We just came off a RC Alaskan cruise where we had assigned seating (for 10 of us) and that worked out great.  Yet, this time around we are only 5 and it sounds like it's open seating.  I'm not interested in the specialty restaurants, but curious if we still need to make a reservation somewhere or just show up to the dining room (or buffet) whenever we want.  

What is your recommendation for parking at the port?   We'll have car so am trying to decide Port Everglades vs. remote private lot or at a hotel.  Thinking Port is way to go.  Do you know which terminal Allure typically leaves from (which garage to park at)?

Hi Kirby, What kinds of things are you interested in for St. Thomas and St. Maarten? Beach, Shopping, city tours?? 

For the dining aspect.. Do you have my time dining or traditional dining?? If you have my time dining you can choose to make reservations before hand on Royal's site using cruise planner or if you prefer you can just show up when you want to at whatever time you want you just might have to wait though.. 

For your parking question Allure always leaves out of Terminal 18 which is the newest terminal.. I am spoiled because I live in Ft. Lauderdale and my mother drops me off and picks me up so I never had to park so I don't know the answer to the parking part sorry..