Navigator Of the Seas Upgrades

ReyRod

I am super excited about the official announcement over the weekend!I know we all knew it was getting revamped but now we know what the revamo entails.  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/11/01/navigator-of-the-seas-will-get-new-water-slides-restaurants-and-experiences-major-2019 .   Only worried about 1 thing. My little man is only 48 inches right now wondering if the slides will have high restrictions :(. Hope not :( ... Either way super exciting stuff.

1 hour ago, ReyRod said:

Only worried about 1 thing. My little man is only 48 inches right now wondering if the slides will have high restrictions :(. Hope not ? ... Either way super exciting stuff.

Based on the other ships with slides, it probably will have height restrictions.  At 48 inches you should be ok.  Most slides are for 48 inches and above except for Liberty's Tidal Wave which is 52 inches.  Keep fingers crossed that it will be ok for you!  

• 4 weeks later...

Reading this update to Navigator makes me feel so much better. I've cruised a couple times in the past with my parents about 10-12 years ago as a young teen. Being the only one with experience, I was tasked with leading the charge on finding a vacation for my group of friends. Most haven't been out of the country, none on a cruise before. No pressure, right?

I find cruising to be a great value for cost. Got a great deal on the 5 night from April 7-12th with stops in Nassau and Labadee. Being that we are all in our mid 20s, we didn't really have the budget for one of the big, new ships in only 6 months of planning, maybe for 2020. But, I wanted them to be as impressed as I was my first cruise. Nothing better than the face of someone seeing how massive and impressive a cruise ship really is the first time pulling into port.

Looks like Navigator will get a great new update just in time to set sail. 130 days out-very excited! First time on here and like I said been a decade plus since last cruise so things have changed I'm sure. Any tips/ideas from the experts would be greatly appreciated! I've done a lot of research and planning, but I'm sure there is something I haven't thought of.

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO ! I've been reading this blog for tips and ideas since we booked it a couple weeks ago, figured it was time to join up.  For the price (2 staterooms/4 people, prepaid grat, and deluxe drink package for about $900pp) I think this will be a perfect first cruise for them.  Not too big, but not small. Should have plenty to do, especially with these upgrades.   Want to get them hooked so this is the only way they want to vacation from now on!

• 4 weeks later...