Aft prices vs coastline

jce2

Surely some TA out here must know the answer....I know that the balconies on the "coast side" of the ship have a considerable mark-up compared to the other side but what about the aft balconies?  Same mark-up?  even higher?  Just trying to get all my ducks lined up before Monday......

While you can see land on both sides only one side is actually facing the coastline (of the continent).  southbound it is the port (left) side and northbound it is the starboard (right) side.  Anytime I have checked the RC sire, the side facing "east" is always considerably marked-up from the other side.  I can't compare against aft as there are no aft cabins available currently in 2019

It doesn't on non-Alaskan cruises where you are essentially sailing aloop and most of the time nowhere near the coast.  But for Alaska they do have borth-bound cruises (Vancouver to Seward) and southbound cruises (Seward to Vancouver) and it most definitely DOES effect the room price!

Just now, princevaliantus said:

When I did the Alaska Southbound to Vancouver, I notice the Port side was more than the Starboard side. This I do remember! Of course I still booked the Port side.

Exactly!  Just did a spot check on an August 2019 cruise and it is about $600 (per room, not per person) more expensive

As a general rule (Alaska not withstanding), aft balconies on all ships tend to be slightly more expensive than traditional balconies but not significantly.  For Alaska sailings it could be considerably higher for an aft. I recommend booking as soon as the itin is released.  They will go quickly, pricey or not.