Royal Caribbean Blog

Symphony OTS Live! - Transatlantic Oct. 28, 2018 "Coming to America"

Next we visit a space station complete with astronauts floating in and around a space station set to music sung by the cast.

iOQXXNX.jpg

U1fHsWA.jpg

b7La3gP.jpg

LLO4FQJ.jpg

We continue our journey back in time to 1969 as man prepares to fly to the moon.

4qBDN7I.jpg

Landing on the moon is represented by an astronaut descending to the a backdrop of the lunar surface.

liKGgBX.jpg

XIunpPl.jpg

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't really addressed our cruise director on this sailing - Bobby Brown. I have to say a CD doesn't make or break a cruise for me.  I like some more than others but it's not a deal breaker f

Day 2 - Sea Day Moving South and West as we somewhat hug the coast of Spain.  Windy today, top decks closed.  The ship is handling great, minimal movement. After staying up into the wee hour

With that our tribe begins to appear unified and equal. Each is wearing a common tribal outfit. I've seen all of the aqua theater shows and this is my favorite.

Posted Images

Continuing back in time we reach the golden age of jet travel when the public could really begin to fly and visit just about anywhere in the world.

v2XeVhy.jpg

Of course everyone is smoking...

xTOU52F.jpg

yfm4lj1.jpg

The passengers settle in and their jet takes off

lz29brf.jpg

rPu0p0q.jpg

3eLhlei.jpg

KWc410s.jpg

Aerial performers join from above as we relive what flying was like back in the day.

VtG6bz7.jpg

W8si5h1.jpg

Next we revisit the age of the test pilot who pushed the limits of flight forward

juduANG.jpg

r9vNHPg.jpg

RbXM2IC.jpg

Moving back further we reach World War II.  This includes a tribute to the WASPs or Women's Air Force Service Pilot program.

1FozP6u.jpg

OTqOcN1.jpg

AFuZTc5.jpg

The tribute continues with the role of women in the war effort.

eua2NEE.jpg

DEDgZKh.jpg

kcyYf89.jpg

Then we see the young men who went off to fight the war in the air.

ddEEYfv.jpg

Y99sNMa.jpg

Here our adventure in time visits the era of 'The War of The Worlds' radio broadcast by Orson Welles.

Z3JBH0d.jpg

And aliens on a cruise ship!

qXA2ImN.jpg

dvGOS9y.jpg

VqpKqwy.jpg

Kxjph3O.jpg

As we continue back in time we reach the days of the biplane and the barnstormers.

OkLAvbs.jpg

After nearly crashing into a barn, our plane and pilot are a little worse for wear.

yhTPIFX.jpg

Our last stop on this journey back in time brings us to the first machine powered flight.

1CqBNff.jpg

Our daring pilot prepares to take off for the first time.

75cNRCq.jpg

x7jEUPl.jpg

Not only does he take flight but he flies out over the audience in the theater.

DLctr0V.jpg

wowShOk.jpg

EGjpW4G.jpg

y2qOLGo.jpg

65nJgWq.jpg

With that it's time to land

0g3fzT7.jpg

To a hero's greeting

Tt58YyZ.jpg

wUch9tO.jpg

To a standing ovation the show has reached it's conclusion.

fxOpDD0.jpg

Another Royal Caribbean Entertainment hit, Flight should not be missed.

HTZGlnx.jpg

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I had to scroll quickly through what I am certain are excellent photos by Twangster to avoid spoiling the Flight show for me.

Lol!  Glad I wasn't the only one.  I felt bad because I usually read @twangster's live blogs really carefully but I skimmed over Flight and the Ice show to avoid spoiling for myself.

1 hour ago, GoodSmith said:

I am concerned about the amount of food waste the happens on cruise ships or everywhere else. I hope Royal Caribbean makes good use of it.

They feed fishes with it.  Following USDA guidelines they can't make use of food that been prepared and presented but not consumed.  No cruise line can, if they follow the USDA.  

Day 9 - Galley Tour

A benefit of being Diamond Plus is a free galley tour.  Today a Sous Chef would be conducting the tour.

nCURMkb.jpg

We meet one of the cooks who is responsible to make bread.  Lots of it.  

Dsaq33N.jpg

NSPRdvO.jpg

eC5yzZp.jpg

y2uzie5.jpg

Meat cooking station.

PG0u6YH.jpg

Pickup station where wait staff retrieve food once it is ready to go.

ZigMOL0.jpg

Dishwashing

EMaDeBh.jpg

This particular tour was one of many they had to do because of the large numbers of Diamond Plus on board.  It was a little rushed and we were in the way in the galley during a busy time.  Consequently it's probably a good thing it was short.

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Lol!  Glad I wasn't the only one.  I felt bad because I usually read @twangster's live blogs really carefully but I skimmed over Flight and the Ice show to avoid spoiling for myself.

The selfie @twangster took of himself as he soared through the air dangling from one of the drones was amazing.  It's a shame you and @Matt missed it since you skipped the photos. I can't believe they took a volunteer from the audience for that role. Shows a lot of natural athletic ability, obviously.  

Day 9 - Misc.

Splash away Bay

2qwkgfK.jpg

Perfect Storm rules and limits

Clk25FC.jpg

They've finished placing the glass on the new Solarium Bar cover.  My guess is the next step is to caulk or otherwise fill the gaps between each glass panel otherwise it won't be watertight.  The bar remains closed.

h9ov5o2.jpg

From my balcony I saw some Aqua Theater cast rehearsing.  That's promising, hopefully the aqua shows will be a go tonight.

zgZoV8y.jpg

If any body doesn't think swinging around in the air isn't a workout, think again.

hPiOnsc.jpg

Mid day progress...

For a ship with a published maximum speed of 22 knots, we're flying at 23 knots.

bPjutAc.jpg

Must be a good tail wind, the highest I saw so far was 23.1 knots.

Our target destination is getting closer.

D1Ywj24.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, twangster said:

Since I'll be in the cruise capital of the world when we disembark in Miami I couldn't let that opportunity go without jumping on another ship so I'll be sliding up the coast to Fort Lauderdale to board Serenade the day we arrive in Miami.  That is a factor in my packing strategy since I'm not flying home between cruises. 

Yay Two Twangster Live Blog Back To Back. 

Day 9 - Lunch

Johnny Rockets

Since I'm staying in a boardwalk balcony cabin, one free meal at Johnny Rockets is included for up to four guests.

Onion rings and fries

GAqdhUs.jpg

Smokehouse Burger

8LBmBKM.jpg

Soda is included (since a boardwalk balcony also includes the soda package) but their milkshakes are not.  Absolutely stuffed I skipped dessert.  

Given that it's a sea day I worked much of the day.  A periscope notification told me some of the RCPeriscopers and Royal Caribbean Blog readers were starting their Yeti Pub Crawl.  Then they were sliding down the Ultimate Abyss.  Not long after they were below my cabin in Playmakers.  Soon enough they did the Carousel.  All in their bathrobes.

@Big Dawg Ron

gmx2BgL.jpg

@cookingyo and Mrs. Cookingyo

lAagzEC.jpg

BoeZpRF.jpg

vbUpt9E.jpg

lZAH3QG.jpg

I6Idx88.jpg

sgDVWEV.jpg

hhcF6cL.jpg

What happens on Symphony of the Seas stays on the internet.

In the afternoon I saw the aqua theater staff testing various components that I assumed would be used during the aqua show.  A diver was on hand to assist.

n2jKha5.jpg

They seem to be load testing these by placing them under tension.  I was hoping these would come into play during the show.

QPwyTqB.jpg

It turns out they would.