Live From Lady G

WAAAYTOOO

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know what you mean...going straight to work is a major bummer but we have to save all of the vacation days we can.  I asked Dan if he wanted to just come home with me and work from home this afternoon instead of going into the office but he said "no".  I fear that with all of the rain we are likely to get, the ride home from the Washington Navy Yard may be quite unpleasant this afternoon.  He's quite dedicated though...good for him !

It was raining when we disembarked this morning.  You can tell that the bad weather is coming.  There was very little wind earlier but it's definitely picking up now.

Something else to mention re: the room.  We were in Aft JS 7656.  It is a lovely room with one of the big balconies on the fantail of the ship but I noticed a couple of the nights when I was in bed early (normally never happens !) that there was definitely a lot of bass noise coming from somewhere.  It was either coming from the Viking Crown Room 4 levels up or coming from 2 decks below in the Star Lounge.  My bet is on the latter.  Last night the bumping lasted until after 1:30 AM so we were not very happy as it kept both of us awake most of the night.  We have had lots and lots of rooms on the aft of Grandeur and never remember having this noise before.  I'm not sure what changed.

I'm sort of surprised that if he's down at the Navy Yard, he just doesn't just take the Green Line, or does he on a normal commute?

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I had the same problem with noise on Enchantment in an aft JS.  The deck 6 aft lounge is right below you.   Thump Thump Thump.   

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know what you mean...going straight to work is a major bummer but we have to save all of the vacation days we can.  I asked Dan if he wanted to just come home with me and work from home this afternoon instead of going into the office but he said "no".  I fear that with all of the rain we are likely to get, the ride home from the Washington Navy Yard may be quite unpleasant this afternoon.  He's quite dedicated though...good for him !

It was raining when we disembarked this morning.  You can tell that the bad weather is coming.  There was very little wind earlier but it's definitely picking up now.

Something else to mention re: the room.  We were in Aft JS 7656.  It is a lovely room with one of the big balconies on the fantail of the ship but I noticed a couple of the nights when I was in bed early (normally never happens !) that there was definitely a lot of bass noise coming from somewhere.  It was either coming from the Viking Crown Room 4 levels up or coming from 2 decks below in the Star Lounge.  My bet is on the latter.  Last night the bumping lasted until after 1:30 AM so we were not very happy as it kept both of us awake most of the night.  We have had lots and lots of rooms on the aft of Grandeur and never remember having this noise before.  I'm not sure what changed.

Oh boy...we're in 7154 next April.  Thanks for the noise warning!  

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Good news for Sweety - they still have red velvet cake at Chops on Lady G !  Yippee.  Dan and I shared a slice. More than that would have been decadence and an obvious exercise of “cruise privilege”.

I was on the same cruise, and the Windjammer had "red velvet cake" on departure day. It WAS red, it WAS NOT red velvet.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

So why were we in the WJ for b’fast this morning instead of the D area of the MDR, you may ask ?  B/c of the stealthy time change last night, I would answer.  We got up at what we thought was 8:30 AM just to realize later that it was actually 9:30 AM and the MDR was already closed.  

Somebody didn't read the cruise compass for Day 2 OR Day 3! It was included on both of them, as well as being included in Captain Thor's noon report on the sea day.