Which Terminal

stevendom57

I am booked on the Nov 12, 2018 cruise on Mariner of the Seas out of Miami. Seeing all of the talk in other threads about Mariner possibly using the new Miami terminal, I decided to check my cruise documents on which terminal I will be leaving from.

In the documents, it does not mention which terminal to go to. It just says Port Miami.  

How do I find the specific terminal? Which terminal is the new RCI terminal?

Thanks

Steven

3 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

I am booked on the Nov 12, 2018 cruise on Mariner of the Seas out of Miami. Seeing all of the talk in other threads about Mariner possibly using the new Miami terminal, I decided to check my cruise documents on which terminal I will be leaving from.

In the documents, it does not mention which terminal to go to. It just says Port Miami.  

How do I find the specific terminal? Which terminal is the new RCI terminal?

Thanks

Steven

Steven,

I will be on the November 16 sailing! I was just wondering this as its been 10+ years since I've sailed out of PortMiami! Hope you have a wonderful time! 

21 hours ago, Matt said:

As with all ports, you just need to put your GPS to get you to "PortMiami". Once you get close, there are signs for which ship is in which terminal.  It's super simple.

I remember that happening as you approached Canaveral on 528 AND Ft. Lauderdale as you were coming in off of I-595 (I think that's the route #)

https://seaport2.miamidade.gov/dailydock/Default.aspx

Entering Nov. 12 for start and end date yields the PDF attached below.  

On that date, Mariner is currently scheduled to use the new Crown of Miami terminal A.  (55-E).  

Right now that terminal is not open yet so it's not an official terminal.  Consequently that terminal isn't officially terminal "A" yet.  Once it opens this report should say "A (55-E)" or something to that effect.

Manifest_Print 11-12-18.pdf

On 9/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, Matt said:

As with all ports, you just need to put your GPS to get you to "PortMiami". Once you get close, there are signs for which ship is in which terminal.  It's super simple.

That works for people driving to the port, but for Uber/Lyft riders it can become important to use the specific terminal when requesting a ride. 

I had a driver once who would only take me to the absolute spot the app said to and would not deviate to the actual terminal.  Technically he was correct and his pay is based on miles and time so while it was just off a tad bit he was technically correct in taking me to the exact spot I requested.  

For Uber/Lyft I determine the terminal then enter that in Uber/Lyft such as  "terminal G port of Miami " and it usually finds that exact terminal in the app at that point.  If you just enter "Port of Miami" in Uber/Lyft you'll likely end up at the admin office building for the port.