Is internet available for those of us who only want a couple of hours for the whole cruise? Don’t want to purchase unlimited.

Nancymc

Fitbit should rely on your phone for time. Manually change the time on the phone and it should sync to the Fitbit. Only requirement would be verifying Bluetooth is turned on.

On the Voom front: Could buy a single day (24 continuous hours) access at around $23. Sometimes later on in the cruise a 30 minute continuous block is offered for around $10.

13 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I was able to purchase a 1 hour access so I could check in for my flights and print boarding passes from the computer room on the last day (a sea day) of my cruise last October.  It wasn't much cheaper than a full day's VOOM.  (Maybe $12, I don't remember)

I did this same thing for this same purpose on Rhapsody in January 2017. I think the price (at THAT time on THAT ship) was $10 for the hour. As an unexpected bonus, I had Wi-fi access on my phone for about six hours. Obviously, this is not guaranteed.

From Royal Caribbean’s FAQ

“There are 2 options to stay connected while onboard.

1. VOOM Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi) All you need is a wireless device with wifi capability.

2. Wired (iCafes) Internet stations are available onboard, the location of which vary depending on the ship.”

So you would be looking to see if your ship has the iCafe.  I found some prices online of $5.99 for half hour and $8.99 an hour but they were from years ago. 

5 hours ago, bdtrex said:

From Royal Caribbean’s FAQ

“There are 2 options to stay connected while onboard.

1. VOOM Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi) All you need is a wireless device with wifi capability.

2. Wired (iCafes) Internet stations are available onboard, the location of which vary depending on the ship.”

Actually, both options are equivalent.  You get an account and a time limit regardless of how you buy.  So after using the wired computer to print my boarding passes, I was able to use the same login/password to connect my phone to VOOM for the rest of my hour.  And after checking my email on my phone, my wife did the same on her phone since the basic VOOM package allows multiple devices (but only one at a time).