Ship recommendation

CarolM

Hi @CarolM! Welcome to the boards!!

We just graduated from Disney Cruise Line with our 13 year old son. We had two requirements for our next cruises. 1) Must have a lot of adventure port excursions. Check. Alaska 2019 Southbound on Radiance of the Seas, and 2) Must have a lot to do onboard, if not port intensive. Check. Caribbean Holiday 2019 Oasis of the Seas.

Have a great time!

Edited by Baked Alaska
Verb/noun agreement. It's the sub teacher in me.

My oldest 2 kids are 18 and 15 and we've been cruising for about 4 years now.  I think it depends on what activities your teens would enjoy.   There are a lot of activities on Harmony and to be honest it is a bit overwhelming.  Many activities are for us a one and done thing ie zip line, ice skating, rock wall.  We've done the flowrider but honestly my kids don't enjoy that.  So for us the slides and pool are the big draws.  My 18 yo just started going to the shows with us at night but we never see the 15yo at night as he would have found friends in the teen club.

I would suggest you get 2 staterooms.  Your teens can be in a room that is next to or directly across from your stateroom.  We like getting one with a connecting door but I also have 2 younger kids in addition to my teens.  You will want the 2 bathrooms!

We did enjoy Harmony and we'll be back but we are going on Independence and Adventure next due to cost (2 cruises for the price of one on Harmony).  If cost isn't a factor then Harmony and Symphony are great options.  If cost is a factor, take a look at Independence, Mariner, Adventure or Liberty.  

Oasis or Quantum Class ships are great choices for kids who are older.  The rationale for those ships is they offer a lot of signature activities that would be up their alley.

With the recent upgrades to Mariner of the Seas and Independence of the Seas, both ships would also be great fits.