Wonderland part of BOGO 2 NIGHT DINING PKG?

MaryCS62

Does anyone know FOR SURE if Wonderland is one of the specialty restaurants you can use with the BOGO 1st 2 nights package?  We're going on Anthem in January, & DH is really gung ho to try Wonderland.  I don't mind, but am not sure I really want to pay $50 pp for 3 of us, especially since DD travelling with us would be just as happy with a piece of fish, potato & a vegetable.  She also has ulcerative colitis, so I'm not sure how much of their menu would be appropriate for her. Unfortunately, although she is 28 yo, we have to bring her with us, as she is disabled & cannot be left alone, much less fend for herself for dinner.

Currently, there is the BOGO 2 night $40pp, and if Wonderland could be one of the nights, it would definitely be worth it.  We already know we want to try Jamie's, and we also have a "free" dinner & free lunch for 2 people from our travel agent, but we can't book those til onboard.  Would be ok with Chops, but while I would be happy to try Izumi, he definitely not be willing to eat there.

Any insight gratefully appreciated!

On the Cruise Planner page for the BOGO offer, if you scroll all the way to to the bottom, you will find the fine print for whatever service you are viewing.

On my Anthem cruise, I scrolled down to the bottom and only saw this:

Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. Each reservation must be used on the first and second nights of the sailing respectively. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table and wine pairings dinners.

So Wonderland is definitely a go with the BOGO 2 night package.

I'm sailing on the Symphony in May 2019 out of Miami. I was "wondering" about Wonderland but I also would like to know if the Hooked restaurant is included in any of the Specialty dining packages. Everyone has their preference and for me, I can't wait to try out Hooked - so I can say something corny like, I'm hooked on Hooked!

17 hours ago, Matt said:

On the Cruise Planner page for the BOGO offer, if you scroll all the way to to the bottom, you will find the fine print for whatever service you are viewing.

On my Anthem cruise, I scrolled down to the bottom and only saw this:

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. Each reservation must be used on the first and second nights of the sailing respectively. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table and wine pairings dinners.

So Wonderland is definitely a go with the BOGO 2 night package.

I was looking for the terms & conditions & somehow missed this -- I'm just wondering about about the "participating venues & cover charges vary by ship" -- since Wonderland is more than Jamie's or Chops, I was concerned it might not count.  I know that in Chops, at least, there are upcharges in addition to the std cost for a few items, so I assume that's what the "additional charges" refers to.  

Well -- we can hope for the best!  It's a 12 day, so I'm also hoping that I can swing changing the 2nd night to another night -- I know that is sometimes possible once you're on board the ship.

@MaryCS62 Make sure the crew is aware you have the BOGO package that you buy online and NOT the Diamond Plus BOGO dining perk, which I think does exclude Wonderland.  I recall on a past cruise there was a lot of confusion stemming from which BOGO package I was referring to.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

@MaryCS62 Make sure the crew is aware you have the BOGO package that you buy online and NOT the Diamond Plus BOGO dining perk, which I think does exclude Wonderland.  I recall on a past cruise there was a lot of confusion stemming from which BOGO package I was referring to.

Good to know!! Definitely not Diamond Plus, will be hitting Platinum after this cruise ? (doubling my points from 23 to 47 -- 12 nights in Junior Suite...)